ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent naturalization queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devmanda1ia

Knowledge of English test

Post by devmanda1ia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi,

Pls can someone advise if what grade we get for this knowledge of English test matters when you pass test for naturalization?

Dev

noajthan

Re: knowledge of English testHi

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:48 pm

devmanda1ia wrote:Hi,

Pls can someone advise if what grade we get for this knowledge of English test matters when you pass test for naturalization?

Dev
Pass - at B1 level, that's it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

devmanda1ia

Re: Knowledge of English test

Post by devmanda1ia » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:24 am

Yes thanks

pass at B1 level but as I understand there are A B or C Grades. Does it matter what grade one gets for B1 level?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Knowledge of English test

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:41 am

devmanda1ia wrote:Yes thanks

pass at B1 level but as I understand there are A B or C Grades. Does it matter what grade one gets for B1 level?
No (unless you actually fail).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

noajthan

Re: knowledge of English testHi

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:14 am

noajthan wrote:Pass - at B1 level, that's it.

devmanda1ia

Urgent naturalization queries

Post by devmanda1ia » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi team,

Please can someone help with the following queries. I am applying for naturalisation process for myself and my wife (both ILR to british passport process):

1) we both just passed the knowledge of english test and waiting for certificates to arrive. I made a minor mistake in both names i.e. did not mention the middle name from passports. The first name and surname are correct but didn't mention the middle name as the field for middle name was not mandatory on the form.

Is that too bigger a problem ie. will my naturalisation process be affected and be asked to do the test again?

2) My wife's current passport has got her surname and middle name from before marraige. In the process for british passport, is it allowed to be changed to surname after marraige?

3) Will I have to submit 2 applications / 2 forms / 2 evidences for our application or can it be a combined application from myself and my wife?

Will be grateful if someone can help with the above queries.

Regards,

Dev

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent naturalization queries

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:03 pm

1. Should be fine

2. She has to apply in the name that is on her foreign passport.

4. 2 forms. Each applicant has to meet the requirements on their own. There is now joint application as such.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

devmanda1ia

British passport querry

Post by devmanda1ia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:19 am

Hi please can someone help.

I am in the process of applying for British passports for myself and my wife. My wife's current passport (Indian) is in the name before marriage

1) what do I need to do if I want my wife's passport (from ILR to British citizenship) to appear in her name after marriage i.e. change of middle name and marriage?
2) what information/doc I need to provide?

Please can someone help asap.

Dev

devmanda1ia

Re: British passport querry

Post by devmanda1ia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi please can someone help.

I am in the process of applying for British passports for myself and my wife. My wife's current passport (Indian) is in the name before marriage

1) what do I need to do if I want my wife's passport (from ILR to British citizenship) to appear in her name after marriage i.e. change of middle name and marriage?
2) what information/doc I need to provide?
3) Also when I did ILR, the Biometric enrolment was not a requirement. Do I need to do this before applying for naturalisation?

Please can someone help asap.

Dev

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:11 pm

Are you already British or is it the naturalisation you are now applying for on form AN?

The passport names must be the same (BC and foreign).

Suggest apply for passport in maiden name and once received, do a deep poll to change name and then reapply for BC passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:52 am

Your posts don't really make sense. Have you naturalised or not?

You cannot apply for a British citizen passport if you are not a British citizen (although you can apply for citizenship and a passport at the same time).

UK does not require biometric submission for passports. Citizenship application does require biometric submission regardless of whether you have done it at any point in the past.

Also be aware that HMPO will not issue a British passport in a different name to any other uncancelled foreign passports.

noajthan

Re: Urgent naturalization queries

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:52 am

Posts merged.
No need for multiple posts on same case.

Rather unclear why you have been asking about topic of naturalisation since 2012 (in other posts).

Not clear why repeated questions on topic of names are still being asked (repeatedly) when previous answers have been supplied.

Confusion can be much reduced when further background and context of case is available.