ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay - Tier 4 to 2 - Postal Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nckrnc
Newly Registered

Delay - Tier 4 to 2 - Postal Application

Post by nckrnc » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:29 am

Today completes 8 weeks from biometrics enrolment. More than 9 weeks from in country online/postal submission.

Employer still waiting with the offer but has started to show their concerns.

Is anyone else waiting as such?

noajthan

Re: Delay - Tier 4 to 2 - Postal Application

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:45 am

And there will be a further delay due to New Year.
Why an UK employer would be surprised or concerned at this time of year is beyond me.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:53 am

nckrnc wrote:Today completes 8 weeks from biometrics enrolment. More than 9 weeks from in country online/postal submission.

Employer still waiting with the offer but has started to show their concerns.

Is anyone else waiting as such?

Since July 2016, most standard application by post have been experiencing some delay. People that needed their BRP urgently opted for priority or premium service. You might need to wait a little bit more. Unfortunatey there little that you can do. If you contact UKVI you'll probably be told to told to wait and that your application is still under consideration.

All you can just do now is wait. However, I will advise you still call them since your application is now more than 8 weeks.

All the best
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

diddylift
Newly Registered

Post by diddylift » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Even the premium service experiences delays as I have yet to receive my BRP despite getting a decision on the 14th of December

And I doubt I will receive the BRP until post-new year... Just great

nckrnc
Newly Registered

Post by nckrnc » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks for your response everyone.

It is indeed a frustrating wait. My employer had performed RMLT before my application was ever considered. It means they have been waiting nearly 3+ months to fill a position. I think one of the things that they are holding the offer still is that they specifically advised me to go postal route. Oh well.

Anyways, I might try contacting UKVI to get an update on the status.