ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is right?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khurramrafiq

what is right?

Post by khurramrafiq » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:50 am

Hi, I am giving telephonic interview and every single recruitment agency asks me about that did you applied through other agencies as well, and if I say yes then they ask me which company was it?

Should I be telling that to every other agency?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: what is right?

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:06 pm

khurramrafiq wrote:Hi, I am giving telephonic interview and every single recruitment agency asks me about that did you applied through other agencies as well, and if I say yes then they ask me which company was it?

Should I be telling that to every other agency?

Thanks
They're fishing! just wait till they start 'pre-referencing' you!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

moose
Newly Registered

Post by moose » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:49 pm

Yeah it's really none of their business - they're just trying to find out who else might be looking for people to then put their own candidates forward for and potentially shaft you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:03 pm

The 'pre-referencing' one is a good one, they say in order to forward you to the client they need to check ur referees, you give them a couple of former bosses details, next thing ur referees are bombarded with agents asking if they need xxx, yyy, or zzz and ur referee is mightly pished off...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Never give Reference name to agents..Only give it to clients that too only when you clear the interview...
And abt. Agents, well they are really intrested in making more and more commission..they ONLY call u, when they need you otherwise "they r in meeting" or "on another call"..Never tell them about other companies where u applied ..Always tell them that this is your 1st application ..Tit for tat :)

khurramrafiq

Post by khurramrafiq » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Thank you so much guys....
I will be carefull now, but what if they found out that my CV has already been forwarded from another agency? Wrost they will put my application away.. no negetive impacts?

Many Thanks

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Yes there will be cases where the client receives the same CV from more than one agency. In such a case prefer one and tell the other guy to back your CV out.

As Ashish mentioned, never give reference out until it's the final interview stage. If they ask "How many places have you applied ?", say this is the only one that you have applied. If asked why, say you've just started looking for job.

Sometimes it happens that you apply for another position advertised by the same agency, so you'll be caught out when you give the above reason. Don't feel embarassed and say don't remember having applied earlier :)

khurramrafiq

Post by khurramrafiq » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:00 am

That is good piece of advise.
Thank you so much and now I am more carefull.

Cheers