ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[IMPORTANT] For Pakistani HSMP/Work Permit holders

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jd
Member of Standing

[IMPORTANT] For Pakistani HSMP/Work Permit holders

Post by jd » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:19 am

Hi,

Please note that you need to get "protector" stamp on your passport after getting visa, from protector office.

Protector office is in Chandni Chowk for Rawalpindi and Islamabad People.

Immigration office checks the stamp at Pakistani airport while leaving for UK.

You can get anymore information around you or call Overseas Employment Foundation of Pakistan.

Regards,
JD

quite eager

Post by quite eager » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:52 pm

R u sure this is relevant to hsmp? pls give details
Quite Eager

Whatever

protector stamp

Post by Whatever » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:00 am

Hi JD,

Have you left for UK yet...if yes, what was your experience...did they check the proctector stamp at the airport...

Has any one else from Pakistan gone through the same experience while going to UK on HSMP EC?

regards,

jd
Member of Standing

Re: protector stamp

Post by jd » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:02 pm

yes they checked at islamabad airport.

Regards,
JD
Whatever wrote:Hi JD,

Have you left for UK yet...if yes, what was your experience...did they check the proctector stamp at the airport...

Has any one else from Pakistan gone through the same experience while going to UK on HSMP EC?

regards,

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:27 pm

I cannot understand this........many of mine friends recently reached UK on HSMP but not a single person was asked for protector stamp. Might be they have recently started....
jd wrote:yes they checked at islamabad airport.

Regards,
JD
Whatever wrote:Hi JD,

regards,
Thinking low is crime....

pkhsmp

Post by pkhsmp » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:21 pm

I left for UK on 14th January and no one checked this protector stamp. But I had visited UK before on HSMP visa.

Whatever

protector stamp

Post by Whatever » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:47 pm

ok...this is interesting...i have found their website that might deal with protector stamp...the links below r the ones that JD has mentioned in the post ...i m writing them an email...but their email ID is '...@hotmail.com.pk'...so i have my doubts...lets c...

hxxp://www.beoe.gov.pk/Contact%20us.htm (replace 'x' with 't')
hxxp://www.beoe.gov.pk/Queries.htm

There is a 'Protectors' link on the site but its dead...i guess one would have to call them up to find out further.

i wonder if they have offices in lahore & karachi...so one can go & check with them the requirements for getting the protector stamp?

Jd: Thanks for this important post. Can u tell us a little bit about the requirements for a protector stamp, how much does it cost & how long does it take to process?

T_mahmood: what dates did your friends leave on (on HSMP) & from which cities...?

pkhsmp: what date did you leave for UK on HSMP the 1st time? Did they check it then? & from which city did u leave?

Which agency checks this stamp? FIA?

What if one had a HSMP EC stamped but he is not leaving for UK but leaving Pakistan to visit some other country (other than UK). Would they still check for protector?

regards,

Whatever

contacts

Post by Whatever » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:49 pm

saby

Post by saby » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:11 pm

^ Whatever, Any update regarding your ec application?

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi

One of my friend arrived before Christmiss on 23rd 2007. 2nd friend arrived in the 06 January and one came on 21. One friend took is flight from Lahore and other two from Islamabd. Nobody asked for Protactor Stamp.....

Whatever wrote:ok...this is interesting...i have found their website that might deal with protector stamp...the links below r the ones that JD has mentioned in the post ...i m writing them an email...but their email ID is '...@hotmail.com.pk'...so i have my doubts...lets c...

hxxp://www.beoe.gov.pk/Contact%20us.htm (replace 'x' with 't')
hxxp://www.beoe.gov.pk/Queries.htm

There is a 'Protectors' link on the site but its dead...i guess one would have to call them up to find out further.

i wonder if they have offices in lahore & karachi...so one can go & check with them the requirements for getting the protector stamp?

Jd: Thanks for this important post. Can u tell us a little bit about the requirements for a protector stamp, how much does it cost & how long does it take to process?

T_mahmood: what dates did your friends leave on (on HSMP) & from which cities...?

pkhsmp: what date did you leave for UK on HSMP the 1st time? Did they check it then? & from which city did u leave?

Which agency checks this stamp? FIA?

What if one had a HSMP EC stamped but he is not leaving for UK but leaving Pakistan to visit some other country (other than UK). Would they still check for protector?

regards,
Thinking low is crime....

quite eager

Post by quite eager » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:57 pm

Quite useful discussion. Strictly speaking an hsmp visa should not attract protector stamp. It is a sort of open visa, and visa holder may be doing his own business,

It is surprising that different people had different experiences. our govt. practices are whimsical???

Would request more hsmp friends moving from pakistan to share their experiences
Quite Eager

Whatever

info on protector

Post by Whatever » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:50 pm

well...i paid a visit to the protector office in khi...its not the address on their website (surprise!) but the tel no. are the same. when one is coming from the airport on shahra-e-faisal going towards metropole...at nursery there is a KFC (i thk there is a student biryani next to it)...one has to take a left from this KFC & go straight...dont have to turn anywhere...n there it is...there is a board...so one cant miss it...

anyways here r my findings...the total cost is PKR 5100/-...i have copied this stuff the way it was displayed...have no idea what a lot of it means...these are the required items to get a protector stamp:

1) Passport (orginal with copy)
2) NIC copy (with original)
3) Copy of VISA
4) Original employment contract with copy

Step 1: Go to counter no. 3, have the docs checked, get challan for PKR 2500/- (NBP)

Step 2: Get insurance from the State Life Counter for PKR 650/-

Step 3: Now go to NBP (Shaheed-e-Millat) to pay challan of PKR 2500/-, Then go to habib bank to pay welfare fund (?) of PKR 1050/-, then go to NADRA office, Awami Markaz to pay PKR 900/- for NADRA card (?).

Step 4: After that, come back to protector office, & submit docs/receipts on counter no. 3.

Timings are 9am - 12:30 pm, Monday to Thursday
AND 9 am - 11 am on Friday

Passports to be collected after 3 pm (same day i think)...funny thing is i didnt see any agent...or probably i didnt look too hard...

I beleive the requirements will be the same for LHR & ISL. I still have not figured what this protector stamp is & what does it protect us from :-) ...

They do require the employment contract...n in HSMP case there is none...which makes me wonder if protector is required for HSMP...because there is no employment agency involved...& it is an indivisual's effort/evaluation on which the visa is granted without any intervention from any empoyment agency or employer...well will look into it further...

Saby: i have not got he reply yet...called the BHC-ISL today as well as GERRYs...they both said it was in process...in fact i need to send them a fax/email...cuz i need the passport by next week...cuz i have a genuine need to travel...i hope they will consider...a relative applied for a visit visa on 28th Jan 2008 (i had applied on 25th Jan 2008), n they got their passports back today...i guess processing visit visas take less time than HSMP...

anyways...will keep u all posted...if there are any new findings...

regards,

adeel_9298
Newly Registered

Does my wife require a protector stamp?

Post by adeel_9298 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi,
I got a work Visa to work in Qatar and now I am in Qatar. Now I want to bring my family to Qatar. Do they require protector stamp on their passport?

jd
Member of Standing

Re: Does my wife require a protector stamp?

Post by jd » Mon May 05, 2008 8:34 pm

I'm not sure about that. Check with Pak immigration authorities.

Regards,
JD
adeel_9298 wrote:Hi,
I got a work Visa to work in Qatar and now I am in Qatar. Now I want to bring my family to Qatar. Do they require protector stamp on their passport?

nedian21
Newly Registered

Post by nedian21 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:30 am

Protector stamp is only needed for Work Permits and NOT for HSMP visa.

In any case UK authorities arent bothered abt protector stamps on ur work permits (they dont even check that and dont have any clue abt that) and in most cases even the immigration officers at Karachi airport let u go if u dont have protector stamp on ur work permit (happened with 2 of my friends but it is always better to have one).

Alishah

Work permit documents ?

Post by Alishah » Fri May 09, 2008 5:35 pm

I hav got work permit, though read abt documents required for visa application at ukvisa web site, but am a sking if one has same experience. Please do reply I am soon be requesting for EC.
Thanks