ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(m) grace period to apply for extension...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HasA62

FLR(m) grace period to apply for extension...

Post by HasA62 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Dear CR001 , Noajathan,

This is for cousin's wife. He is BC and wife is now ready to apply for FLR(M). The sad thing is her visa ( first spouse visa ) expired on 27 December 2016. Then they prepare to send documents by post next week having trust in the Grace period of 28 periods.
I found some problems in financial docs. Husbands income enough under cat B to support her . but last 16 December 2016 he changed his job and only 2 weeks in the new job.

So can he submit previous 11 months payslips from previous job and 01 month job payslips from New job ?

Employer letter need to be obtained from previous and new employers ?

Sorry to bother all of you. They are very nervous now.. Negligence has led to bring troubles in life .

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(m) grace period to apply for extension...

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:00 pm

The crucial issue is that there is no longer a 28 day 'grace period'. This was reduced in November to 14 days, although the Home Office aren't compelled to honour this as extant leave is required for FLR(M).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:02 pm

There is no longer a '28 day grace period'. This 'grace period' is very abused and really should not be used if an applicant 'forgot' to apply in time. The 'grace period' is now 14 days, but still does not guarantee she will get an extension.

They should have applied before the BC spouse changed jobs and definitely BEFORE the visa expired.

Edit : beaten by Casa (who must have done a speed typing course) :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:04 pm

CR001 wrote:There is no longer a '28 day grace period'. This 'grace period' is very abused and really should not be used if an applicant 'forgot' to apply in time. The 'grace period' is now 14 days, but still does not guarantee she will get an extension.

They should have applied before the BC spouse changed jobs and definitely BEFORE the visa expired.

My New Year resolution...speedy typing. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Casa wrote:
CR001 wrote:There is no longer a '28 day grace period'. This 'grace period' is very abused and really should not be used if an applicant 'forgot' to apply in time. The 'grace period' is now 14 days, but still does not guarantee she will get an extension.

My New Year resolution...speedy typing. :wink:
I will have to 'up my game' then :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HasA62

Post by HasA62 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:00 am

Many more thanks for reply and speedy typing ...LOL..!!

She has to apply anyway regardless of the result . If she is refused then ;

Will she get a Right to Appeal from within the UK ? or should leave UK to appeal from her own country ?

Which is the best option for financial support ;

1. Apply under CAT B using only sponsor's income (12 months payslips ) or
2. Apply combining income , her income 12,000.00 + balance from sponsor 7,000.00 ?

sponsor can get a employer letter from his new employer . please help them..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:46 am

What is the reason she didn't submit an application before her visa expired? She could have applied from 1st December already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

HasA62

Post by HasA62 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:00 pm

CR001 wrote:What is the reason she didn't submit an application before her visa expired? She could have applied from 1st December already.
I think the reason was in fact Negligence . Because of some family disputes inside family members which led to forget the expiry date . They didnt disclose all these fully but I could imagine from some scenes.. cant write all here.. so I think better write a covering letter mentioning some real and honest reasons with application.
Hope you will suggest an idea. also comment on the earlier post's financial docs.pl

ZeeshanNaqvi72
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ZeeshanNaqvi72 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:01 am

Hello guys I am in the same trouble right now my visa expired on 7th and I apply again on 10th. Make some reason but not sure that will be good enough. If my grace period get rejected what will be the options for me. I am really stressed because I have two kids 2 and 3 years old here in UK. Also what was the result of your application in the end can you please share with me?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:52 am

ZeeshanNaqvi72, please continue here.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.