ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Tier Tribunal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nadeem100
Newly Registered

First Tier Tribunal

Post by Nadeem100 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi All,

After a very long wait 18 months from appealing, we have a court date for set for May 2017.

We have appealed through a solicitor, who has not even yet contacted us about the appeal.

I just wanted to find out what happens at the appeal?

My solicitor said that we will have a barrister present, but will they ask my partner questions?

What do we need to do so that we can be fully prepared, do we have to send new evidence ie phone bill etc?

The main reason for our refusal was that they do not believe it is a genuine relationship even though we have a child together and have provided evidence.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First Tier Tribunal

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:03 pm

It would have been quicker to reapply and address the refusal points.

6 months worth of phone call evidence for a 4 year marriage (being apart), is not sufficient to prove subsisting marriage. What about proof of visits, photos, chat history, call logs. All for longer than 6 months.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1397764
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nadeem100
Newly Registered

Re: First Tier Tribunal

Post by Nadeem100 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:09 pm

CR001 wrote:It would have been quicker to reapply and address the refusal points.

6 months worth of phone call evidence for a 4 year marriage (being apart), is not sufficient to prove subsisting marriage. What about proof of visits, photos, chat history, call logs. All for longer than 6 months.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1397764
Dear CR001

It is a 4 year marriage, but during this period, there have been two visits to Pakistan and daily phone calls lasting 30 mins to an hour everyday day, whats app messages and lots of photos and we have child together. Its just we didn't realise they wanted evidence from the beginning of our marriage.

What I wanted to find out was what is going to happen at the first tier tribunal? Any guidance would be helpful or you could end a link of a previous thread.