ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very urgent question regarding latest FLR(M) form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonno22
Newly Registered

Very urgent question regarding latest FLR(M) form

Post by jonno22 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi and happy new year to all!

I am new to this forum and have two very urgent questions regarding my wife's and stepson's extension of leave to remain in the UK.
My wife's, Nxxxx's, current spouse visa is due to expire on Jan 24th 2016 and we have spent the last few weeks putting together all the necessary supporting documentation.
xxxxx and her son, xxxx, (my stepson) are from Ukraine and received their initial visa in April 2014. xxxx applied for a visa as part of xxxxx's application from Ukraine as a dependent of xxxxxx's. In fact, Ukrainian minors do not have their own passports; rather their details and any visas are on their parent's passport. In xxxx's case, all his details and visa are on xxxxxx's passport.
A few months ago we printed out an FLR(M) form and filled it out as a trial just to make sure we had all the information we required. It was also made clear to us, after contacting UKVI a few months ago, that we did not need to fill out a separate FLR(M) form for xxxx i.e. all of xxxx's details could be entered on the main applicant's i.e. xxxxxx's form. Therefore, we only had to fill in one FLR(M) form that would cover both xxxxx and xxxx.
However, we started to fill out the latest revision of the form (revision 12/2016) today and have discovered that it has changed quite a lot. The biggest change seems to be related to children and dependents, and we are now worried that we need to fill out a separate and second FLR(M) form for xxxx. The form does not make this very clear and we are getting a bit anxious as we want to post the application next week. Can anyone shed some light on this, please? It would be very much appreciated.

Also, UKVI informed us several months ago that xxxxxx's English language certificate (A Cambridge ESOL B1 certificate that she was awarded in 2014) was still valid, despite the fact it is not longer on the UKVI's list of approved exams. This is by virtue of the fact that it was used for her initial and successful application in 2014. Can anyone confirm whether this is still the case?

Kind regards and many thanks in advance.

Jon
Last edited by noajthan on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Names removed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Very urgent question regarding latest FLR(M) form

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:05 pm

You complete the dependent child (assuming under 18 years of age) in Section 4, this has not really changed.

You tick yes for 4.2 and complete his details in 4.4

You still only need to complete one form for both of them. You DO NOT complete separate forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jonno22
Newly Registered

Post by jonno22 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi CR001

Many thanks for the information and the very fast response. I am feeling more relieved already :)

Do you think her English language certificate is still valid?

Regards

Jon

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:42 pm

I am not sure on the English test as ESOL has been removed completely from the list since Nov 2015 and no longer accepted. Suggest wait for others to comment on this point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:55 pm

See related question:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1437582

Yet be aware of most recent caveats in forum FAQs:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 93792.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.