ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit uncertainties

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salmuzeey

EEA Family Permit uncertainties

Post by salmuzeey » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:08 pm

noajthan wrote:VFS clearly overloaded and/or inefficient.
Let New Year slowdown work itself out then take stock.
Hey Noajthan

Happy new year :) I have been here askinf questions for qt a while now sorry if i wud seem a bother...my wife will be sendin her application sometyms this month for an eea fp.

1) We were living together in the UK for about 6 months ( photos clicked together n her payslips n mine with the same address can this act as an evidence?)

2) I have been living in the UK for the past 5yrs but since 2016 Aug till now i am residing with my wife in her home country i have recently got a job offer in the UK -and hence decided to move back- with a salary of above £800 p.m starting on Feb 2017 can i use the offer letter as a proof of exercising treaty rights?

noajthan

Re: EEA Family Permit uncertainties

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:22 pm

1) May help as evidence of a subsisting relationship

2) Its not evidence of exercising treaty rights as you are not in UK and haven't started that job yet.

Anyway not needed as you are evidently moving to UK together (rather than being joined by spouse).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

salmuzeey

Post by salmuzeey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:48 am

noajthan wrote:1) May help as evidence of a subsisting relationship

2) Its not evidence of exercising treaty rights as you are not in UK and haven't started that job yet.

Anyway not needed as you are evidently moving to UK together (rather than being joined by spouse).
Thank you so much for your response, means a lot. Does this mean tha we have have to be travelling together...i have an extenuating circumstances my mom who is in Sweden is critically ill hence, i will be leaving soon, also i need to go and sort out accommodation before my wife comes by would it be at all possible for my wife to travel by herself?

Sorry if this questions has been asked previously and really appreciate your help

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:52 am

salmuzeey wrote:Thank you so much for your response, means a lot. Does this mean tha we have have to be travelling together...i have an extenuating circumstances my mom who is in Sweden is critically ill hence, i will be leaving soon, also i need to go and sort out accommodation before my wife comes by would it be at all possible for my wife to travel by herself?

Sorry if this questions has been asked previously and really appreciate your help
Its a permit to move to or join family.
You can travel (move) together or spouse may come to UK later (join).

If spouse is joining, you need evidence of being in country and (from memory) evidence of exercising treaty rights if you've been in UK more than 3 months.
So time application accordingly to give yourself best shot. (Applications can fail first time).

salmuzeey

Post by salmuzeey » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:50 am

noajthan wrote:
salmuzeey wrote:Thank you so much for your response, means a lot. Does this mean tha we have have to be travelling together...i have an extenuating circumstances my mom who is in Sweden is critically ill hence, i will be leaving soon, also i need to go and sort out accommodation before my wife comes by would it be at all possible for my wife to travel by herself?

If spouse is joining, you need evidence of being in country and (from memory) evidence of exercising treaty rights if you've been in UK more than 3 months.
So time application accordingly to give yourself best shot. (Applications can fail first time).
Thank you so much for your response...well i do qualify for PR status but i havent applied for it...my question is though since i am away from the UK and hence not exercising treaty rights for the past 5 months would it mean that my wife would simply be joining me as i have already establish my self in the UK, I have payslips from 2015 up untill July 2016-my salary has been over £750 pm

Or my best bet is to apply for EEA FP of moving together

Am sorry if this questions sounds dumb please bear with me

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:48 am

salmuzeey wrote:
noajthan wrote:

Thank you so much for your response...well i do qualify for PR status but i havent applied for it...my question is though since i am away from the UK and hence not exercising treaty rights for the past 5 months would it mean that my wife would simply be joining me as i have already establish my self in the UK, I have payslips from 2015 up untill July 2016-my salary has been over £750 pm

Or my best bet is to apply for EEA FP of moving together

Am sorry if this questions sounds dumb please bear with me

PR is not applied for.
PR is acquired automatically. And if you do have PR (status) you don't need to exercise treaty rights anymore.

In case you are still puzzled, what is applied for is an optional confirmatory document 'DCPR';
(it doesn't grant any rights - its just confirms them).

An absence of up to 6 months does not break continuity of residence in UK - so you still have residence in UK despite not being physically present.
And anyway, If you do have PR (status) you could be away for up to 2 years and still maintain it.

Therefore by travelling with you (if she does) your wife is 'joining' you in UK.
And if you go ahead to UK to prepare everything then wife will obviously be literally joining you when she finally travels.

salmuzeey

Post by salmuzeey » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Thanks Noajthan

U have been amazing.My final question (hopefully) can my pp be certified by a lawyer or must it be done through the Embassy?

salmuzeey

CONFUSED PLEASE HELP

Post by salmuzeey » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:28 pm

Dear All,

I urgently require your help please when fillin up the EEA FP application form under the family details its asking for spouse/partner details then theres fathers and mothers..kindly asking do they require details of the parents of EEA national or the non-EEA?

Please help me out

Regards

Salmuzeey