ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can summons charge account to penalty

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dhrn224
Newly Registered

Can summons charge account to penalty

Post by Dhrn224 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I am about to apply for tier 2 general dependent visa from UK. I received a summons for non payment of council tax a year before. This was paid before the hearing date.

The application form asks of 'cautions, reprimands or any other penalty'.Can some one please advice if summons charge (or court costs) can also be treated as a penalty?

Appreciate any comments and advice.
Mqny Thanks

Dhrn224
Newly Registered

Re: Can summons charge account to penalty

Post by Dhrn224 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:30 am

Can someone please help out!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Dhrn224 wrote:Can someone please help out!

it's difficult to say if the warning will be on your record. From experience, it is good to declare it. It will not be used against you if it is not relevant. But it will automatically lead to refusal if you don't declare it and it shows up on your record.

Please declare it. You will have the opportunity while completing the form to explain what happened,
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Dhrn224
Newly Registered

Post by Dhrn224 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Many thanks for the reply. I will declare it, the council says nothing was recorded though. Also, do you think is it a criminal offence?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:21 pm

Dhrn224 wrote:Many thanks for the reply. I will declare it, the council says nothing was recorded though. Also, do you think is it a criminal offence?
i think it is a civil issue Since you settled the case before it got to court
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Dhrn224
Newly Registered

Post by Dhrn224 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:59 pm

Just an update..
I declared it in the application. Got the visa the same day at Croydon.