ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about subject access request (SAR)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nutmeg
Newly Registered

Questions about subject access request (SAR)

Post by Nutmeg » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:17 am

Hi all,

I have two questions about a subject access request (SAR):

1) I'm an EEA citizen and I successfully applied for a PR card last year. If I asked for a SAR, would it include a copy of the application form I submitted for it? This is because I stupidly did not scan that form, so I do not remember the exact dates of the absences I wrote down when I applied for a PR card. When I apply for naturalisation, this may lead to inconsistencies between the 2 applications.

2) The SAR form asks for a legally certified copy of a document. Since I am not legally supervised, how could I get someone to certify my documents?

Thanks in advance for the help!

noajthan

Re: Questions about subject access request (SAR)

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:31 am

1) No

2) Fasttrack SAR has no such requirement & is free too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:13 am

Nutmeg wrote:1) I'm an EEA citizen and I successfully applied for a PR card last year. If I asked for a SAR, would it include a copy of the application form I submitted for it? This is because I stupidly did not scan that form, so I do not remember the exact dates of the absences I wrote down when I applied for a PR card. When I apply for naturalisation, this may lead to inconsistencies between the 2 applications.
I believe it does. When I had done my SAR a few years ago, for different reasons, the bulk of my SAR printouts were scanned copies of my application forms.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am

My SAR response also contained photocopies of every page of the EEA(PR) application I submitted :)

Nutmeg
Newly Registered

Post by Nutmeg » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:35 pm

ohara wrote:My SAR response also contained photocopies of every page of the EEA(PR) application I submitted :)
Hi Ohara,

Thanks for the information, do you reckon this information would be available using the fast-track SAR? Because the website states that when using this route less information is disclosed, but I am not sure of what the difference is.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 am

Nutmeg wrote:
ohara wrote:My SAR response also contained photocopies of every page of the EEA(PR) application I submitted :)
Hi Ohara,

Thanks for the information, do you reckon this information would be available using the fast-track SAR? Because the website states that when using this route less information is disclosed, but I am not sure of what the difference is.

1- Based on my own experience Fast track SAR won't provide you with absences dates you stated in previous applications nor with pages of your application form.

2-Some post offices provide services of certified copies but not sure if home office will accept it. A solicitor will do it for sure.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:49 am

OP, not trying to hijack your thread, but I think my questions are relevant to you as well:

If you want to receive copies of your previous applications, do you need to request them explicitly? Or under Section 2 - Part A you literally tick first or first two boxes? Does ticking all of them make a difference i.e. the request takes longer?

Also if the space is not enough under "Previous addresses", I think it's OK to add a separate sheet of paper? How far back do you need to go? 5 years? 10 years?