ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ramos

Child Passport

Post by Ramos » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Hello everyone

I am on ILR and my wife is on spouse visa. and my child was born after ilr three weeks ago.Friends have told me that child doesn't need to be registered and u can apply for his british passport.

My questions are
1) Is he eligible for british citizenship ?
2) In the form Section 4 my nationality and citizenship is asked and no place to mention about ILR. What should i right there or leave it blank ?
3) I got his detailed birth certificate, two photographs and will send my ILR as well. Does my wife spouse visa brp to be sent as well ?

Kindly reply to my questions. Will be thankful

Regards

Ramos

secret.simon

Re: Child Passport

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Where was child born?

if child was born in the UK after the father got ILR, then yes, the child is already a British citizen and can apply directly for a British passport.

No need to send wife's BRP, just your ILR BRP and child's UK birth certificate should be enough.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Thanks for the reply

He was born three weeks ago in uk.
In section 4 it asked my details and there is no place to mention my ILR ? Should i leave it blank ?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Unfortunately, the passport application form doesn't really have space to insert details of parents ILR/PR. I added a short cover letter explaining how the child has a claim to a BC (British under section 1)1 b of the BNA - born in the UK to a settled parent). Suggest you do the same, I got my daughter's PP very quickly.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks for the reply

1) Birth Certificate
2) My ILR brp (photocopy or original ? )
3) Two photographs * One counter signature*
4) Application form

Anything else ? Like applicant's grandparent details etc

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:08 pm

Ramos wrote:Thanks for the reply

1) Birth Certificate
2) My ILR brp (photocopy or original ? ) Original I believe.
3) Two photographs * One counter signature*
4) Application form

Anything else ? Like applicant's grandparent details etc No not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.