ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship- Need help PLEASE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wathita
Newly Registered

British Citizenship- Need help PLEASE

Post by wathita » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:40 pm

Hello,
This is my story which is a little long. I am planing to apply for a british citizen but i am not sure about my situation. I would much appreciate all the advises from all of you.

Student visa (valid 28/04/2006 - 31/12/2006)
April 2006 - came with a student visa on an english course with work placement (worked full time) went back home (December 2006)with no intention to return so i claimed tax refund.

Student visa (valid 03/02/2007 - 30/04/08)
February 2007 - came with a student visa on the same kind of course with work placement (worked full time) but this time i didn't complete the course properly so i had no certificate from school to apply for another student visa. I found an agency which provided school certificate and all documents for me to apply another student visa in the uk. (I know it was illegal but all went well)

Student visa ( valid 30/04/2008 - 30/06/2009 )
I did not actually go to school. I worked part time only on this visa. I applied another student visa because i wanted to stay with my boyfriend who i got married with in January 2009

Family member of an A8 national on the work registration scheme : valid 20/08/2009 - 21/10/2009

Residence card of a family member of an EEA national : valid 03/11/2009 - 03/11/2014

Permanent residence card : valid 10/03/2014 - 10/03/2024

Date of first arrival in the uk ?
I am not sure which date i should put : April 2006 or February 2007.
I am concerned about the point that i claimed tax refund (i did not plan to return but thing changed). Would it affect my application?

Employment history for the last 10 years
If i want to apply for british citizen this year, i have to fill out the employment back till 2007/2008 which was the time i was on student visa and worked full time. According to school certificate which the agency provided for me i should not have worked full time. Would this affect me if i apply british citizen this year? Or it is better to wait?

Thank you and regards
Wathita

noajthan

Re: British Citizenship- Need help PLEASE

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:43 pm

First means first - 2006.
Its not a trick question and the date will be in your record so not a good start to misrepresent that.

Caseworker will crosscheck and verify you including good character checks.
You won't have faced these before as fortunate enough to gave been on EU route but the wheel of immigration karma always turns in the end, often when least expected.

Think carefully how you fill out the form.
Make sure its accurate and tallies with all previous forms/applications.

The use of false documents in a previous application should be a concern.
As should misuse of a student visa and illegal working.

Remember you have to sign for veracity and completeness of application and without suppressing material facts.

They run the various crosschecks and check compliance with immigration law anyway - over your entire history not just 5 or 10 years.

Forget about the tax refund, that's a non issue.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

wathita
Newly Registered

Post by wathita » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Thank you, noajthan

Would it be safer if i wait another year so i dont have to include the year that i was not supposed to work full time.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:03 pm

wathita wrote:Thank you, noajthan

Would it be safer if i wait another year so i dont have to include the year that i was not supposed to work full time.
This Board is not here to advise on evasive action and your complete history will be reviewed anyway.
Awkward scenarios won't just time out.

Your case will be weighed up and assessed on balance of probabilities so you are in hands of the caseworker.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.