ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC applaction and question 10 yr employment history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hellothere19
United Kingdom

BC applaction and question 10 yr employment history

Post by hellothere19 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:28 pm

hello!
I'm an Eu national (have PR status and card) and will apply for BC this year.
For the PR, I needed to provide 5 yr employment history which I did
For the BC, I need to show 10 yr documentation. I miss however P60 for 06/07 and 07/08 (but have payslips, bank statements for these years). I called HMRC to obtain my employment history, they referred me to have a look online and download a DPA request form that I have to complete and email back to HMRC (he gave me specific email address. He said it the form is found on www.gov.uk. Once emailed, they will reply in 40 days
Now I can't find that form online... Does anyone knows which form this is?
Or would the proof of payslips for these 2 years be sufficient? Also, I already printed out a NI statement from my online HMRC account where it clearly showed I have been paying in full time since 2001.

thank you and happy new year to all
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BC applaction and question 10 yr employment history

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:37 pm

The form asks you to list the employment for the past 10 years. It does not ask for documents for 10 years of employment.

https://www.gov.uk/get-proof-employment-history
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:11 pm

Thank you
I found that form before too but I was told there is a specific DPA request that will be replied to in 40 days, esp for ppl that need it for HO procedures like applying for BC (the email address he gave me is info.sars@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk
If I write to them for an employment history, it will take 300 days to receive the reply from HMRC, at least that was what I was told

I just found this?

https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/DPU_SAR_NI
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:49 pm

I called HMRC and requested (on the phone) employment history and today I received the envelope. :roll:
CR001 wrote:The form asks you to list the employment for the past 10 years. It does not ask for documents for 10 years of employment.

I think it can help to prove physical presence exactly 5 years before application, although OP may have other documents that prove that.

prashanth.mamidi
Newly Registered

Post by prashanth.mamidi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi could you please let us know the number you have called to HMRC to get Employment History?

Thanks
Prashanth
salmintin wrote:I called HMRC and requested (on the phone) employment history and today I received the envelope. :roll:
CR001 wrote:The form asks you to list the employment for the past 10 years. It does not ask for documents for 10 years of employment.

I think it can help to prove physical presence exactly 5 years before application, although OP may have other documents that prove that.