ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:57 am

vidya,
yes.. i am sure.. 99% will get approval on or before your predicted dates.
Lets live with hope :)
Applied On : 14th-dec
Applied at: Hyderabad VFS Center
Integra Verification : 21st Dec and 12th Feb
Final Status : Refused

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:58 am

While I was submitting my application yesterday, the lady at one of the counters told it would take about 18-20 working days, while the person who collected my applications told me to start checking on their site after 10-12 working days. I wanted to tell him I know of people who have been waiting for more than 20-25 working days now, so I don't think even VFS has any idea what is going on.

Gold
Newly Registered

Post by Gold » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:08 am

Hello Viday & all,
I am reading this Forum from the bigning , don't wory, You will get you EC. They are takeing time becouse of some chaneings. I know that you guys are waiting from a long time, But look at me i am in country and applied for Flr in Nov Last week. it is more than 40 working Days. So wait and watch you will get it

Gold

Jason7777

Post by Jason7777 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:22 am

Mailed BHC and got the same reply ... Too many application... Cannot tell the processing time...Dont make any travel arrangements....

Calling up VFS everyday as usual. Passport under verificaiton..Call after 3.30 today .

My first interaction with a Uk organization is awesome. Still wondering about opening a bank account, getting a driving license, getting a Insurance number etc.,

Jason

Mantya

Post by Mantya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:30 am

Jason,
Life won't be this hard once you reach there.. Over there things are pretty simpleand straight forward if you have the relevant details especially in governemtn organizations..e.g NI number takes around 15 days and you need some relevant docs and they send it in 15 days after they interview you...
However, I had some bad experience with the private players like mobile operators and bank account though it is not like they duped me but the msntra is to be 'ALERT'
e.g. while opening a bank account with HSBC there are 2 accounts, basic and a premium..Generally all of us should open a basic account unless you need to get some premium services which are anyways of not any use and attracts a cost...However, SOME of the sales person at the bank will oush you to open a premium account,hence in this case u should get all the details first and then ,ake a decision.
One bad experience with one of the mobile phone shop named 'Phones4U'. they deal in all kind of mobile connection..They are famous for their aggressive marketing approach..They will put up all those attractuive schemes that are very enticing but you shold be careful and get to know what is the catch or else u may end up taking a costly deal coz there they have a contract systme that lasts for 12-18 mnths..

Gold
Newly Registered

Post by Gold » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:42 am

hello jason,
bank account is not a big deal you wiil get on the same day from HSBC (passport account), Driving License you can get from your home county as international driving licennse in India they chareg Rs 1500 and it take 2 hours only. Insurance Number is the empolayer's headache. they will ishu a temp (your date of birth) at the bigning and it will be converted later on.

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:27 am

srini , gold and others ,

thanks for the encouraging thoughts ....

lets see what luck tommorrow morning brings ......i dont give much weightage these days to online update but rather the email replies from BHC give us the right clue whether decision has been taken or not ...so i plan to email them almost everyday ( at least once every two days) .....and even if decision is taken on one day the online update is happening only next day when ppt is on the way ; so BHC is more reliable source

darren_hayess
Newly Registered

:-) A lighter moment!!

Post by darren_hayess » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:41 am

Gold wrote:Hello Viday & all,
I am reading this Forum from the bigning , don't wory, You will get you EC. They are takeing time becouse of some chaneings. I know that you guys are waiting from a long time, But look at me i am in country and applied for Flr in Nov Last week. it is more than 40 working Days. So wait and watch you will get it

Gold
Dude/Lady,

How did you ever clear your test of English as a Foreign language :shock: ? *Just kidding* - I agree with the advice dispensed by all.

Chill everyone :P - stressful as it seems, chill out! Watch a rubbish (lots of good ones releasing during Friday).

The weekend is nigh - :-), of course some of us workaholics may have a tad of work to do on Saturday, but otherwise - it is Playstation or Movies on weekends ....

Vidya - u could definitely use a chill pill girl. :roll: , and others stop wasting your time worrying about the HSMP Case ******* :-) - its is bound to come in time ...

Adios amigos! :roll:

PS. In case you want to go to a Hindi rubbish - do it yourself, don't insist on dragging your spouse along for it ...

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:58 am

Hi Darren :) - thanks for the advice .... i hope to implement it at least during the weekend when we cant expect anything from BHC anyways.

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:43 am

Hi others ,

any updates from anyone ?? did anyone try calling the vfs offices to find if any status update .......

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:02 am

VFS WEBSITE NOT WORKING CURRENTLY......

IT SHOWS... INVALID SEARCH
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:07 am

Hi everyone ,

vishal is right - they are updating the online status right now - please check after 5 mins and let us know -

kmsr , where are you today ....

ce98118

Post by ce98118 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:05 am

I see the same old irritating message :(

Mantya

Post by Mantya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:12 am

same here ..the haunting messsage.....it is psycologically embedded in my brain that this message is never going to change and I can't even imagine the courier dispatch message appearing in my application status......

darren_hayess
Newly Registered

Post by darren_hayess » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:12 am

ce98118 wrote:I see the same old irritating message :(

:evil: Welcome to the club bro ....

ce98118

Post by ce98118 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:24 am

You could go to http://www.bluedart.com, enter your passport number as reference number and see if it shows anything new.

~OR at least, another irritating message, of invalid reference number
:d :d :d

darren_hayess
Newly Registered

Post by darren_hayess » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:38 am

ce98118 wrote:You could go to http://www.bluedart.com, enter your passport number as reference number and see if it shows anything new.

~OR at least, another irritating message, of invalid reference number
:d :d :d
:roll: Dude, Bluedart's tracking number is totally and absolutely independent from your passport number :roll: - An irritating message is guaranteed.

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:43 am

hi everyone

i really thought there would be lots of online updates bcos it was under updation for a whole half an hour - i guess we need to check Jan ec thread now ; seems that is moving faster :!:

Darren - i guess for this BHC consignments - the bue dart tracking number is the passport number itself - thats what we have heard from the veterans who got their ec .... :idea:

lets hope for the best for tommorrow ... :shock:

ce98118

Post by ce98118 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:48 am

:roll: Dude, Bluedart's tracking number is totally and absolutely independent from your passport number :roll: - An irritating message is guaranteed.
saw a post where some one previously was able to track using the passport as ref number, blue dart has 2 options, waybill and reference number. probly waybill is their own number.. and reference number an external customer refrence number.
Last edited by ce98118 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:53 am

No change both at website and bluedart :(
seems bad luck is still hunting me :roll:
Applied On : 14th-dec
Applied at: Hyderabad VFS Center
Integra Verification : 21st Dec and 12th Feb
Final Status : Refused

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi everyone

here's some analysis to pass the time while we wait endlessly for our ec

we did not see any jan results today. remember we were wondering a lot how they were planning to handle backlogs - perhaps , and this seems logical - that they decided from feb 1st week cutoff they would start processing jan applications so that all jan 1st week onwards would receive it within the 20 days timeframe that vfs is now giving - it was around 22-24 days time for all the jan 1st week applicants who got their results. and then they might have decided to complete a quota of pending december applications every day / every week
i guess i am trying to stay hopeful that the delay is not indicative of anything other than normal processing delays- but i really wonder why the bhc is not willing to commit any date to certain ppl like me and ram over phone or email when they committed to ce that they would finish by friday / monday
we will just have to wait and see ..... :roll:

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:20 pm

also - remember to check for online update after 6.15 PM

keep in mind the case of stevemark/senthil - he was told by bhc one morning to call back after a week or so - the same day at 6.15 PM his online status had been updated to processed appln handed to blue dart , he got the courier the next day.

:idea:

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:21 pm

SAME OLD IRRITATING MESSAGE AGAIN..... NO UPDATE.........

VIDYA IS RIGHT....JAN APPLCANTS ARE MOVING FAST.

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:34 pm

hey everyone

of the 9 of us waiting - is anyone else from the financial sector ( i am a chartered accountant) like me ???

or all the rest of you in software ??

i have a feeling that the software sector is getting faster results ....someone in the january thread had posted last week that 5000 people are facing job cut in financial sector in london ........i saw this post just now ....they will probably quote low funds then if they reject mine on this basis :cry:

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:36 pm

i am from the IT Sector.... dealing with financial insitutations......

but then also delay :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: