ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tricky Situation - Salary Earning/New Scheme

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dejavu
Newly Registered

Tricky Situation - Salary Earning/New Scheme

Post by dejavu » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:48 am

Hi. I am in a tricky situation here!

I qualify for 75 points based on £26000 earning. Have all the right documents as per guadiance notes/caseworker handbook. EXCEPT:

For Salary Earning points: I am claiming 9.5 months from the UK (£24062.39) and 1.5 month from Australia.

With UK part I have wage slips/employee statement/bank statement -- sufficient!

With Australia, I have employee statement/bank statement only. As well as a copy of PAYG by employee(what employee gets from Tax office). And a copy of MicroPay showing the details of all wage slips summary of monthly payment, with a statement from previous company, saying it is the wageslip equavilant as computer system does not allow to regenerate wage slips!

I have lost my old wage slips/notice of assessment(tax return -- what employer gets from tax office).

Question: Is PAYG(what employee gets from Tax office)+ employee statement/bank statement enough? What if PAYG is a stamped copy?
Does MicroPay count as a form of wage slip summary?

If the above doesnt work I have to apply by exceptional consideration, which they might NOT consider! (If they do consider they can use my employee statement + bank statement)

If I wait for one more month my total uk salary will become over £26,000. However the new Scheme system kicks in at 29 Feb!!!!!!

Under the new scheme two concerns:
1. I might need to sit an additional ITELS english exam even if I am from New zealand and did a bachelor in english ?
2. I am on a working holiday visa right now , working rights expires on 10/04/08, under the statement of intent of tier I it clearly stated that working holiday visa cant switch to HSMP!!!!

whats the best way to go forward? Please help!

Thanks so much.

chiraju

Re: Tricky Situation - Salary Earning/New Scheme

Post by chiraju » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:49 am

Hello,

As per the guidence note, it clearly gives a formula to calculate,
if you have worked more (9 months) in UK then your UK salary will be calculated with this formula
UK SALARY OF YOURS / 9 months = result

result x 12 months = total amount ...

so the total amount will be considered to reward you the points ...

As per the guidence notes,
If the applicant has lived and worked in more than one country during the past fifteen months, the caseworker will normally assess the total income over the total period being claimed up to a maximum of twelve months, against the country where the applicant has spent the longest period, on a pro-rata basis. To pro rata the income a caseworker would use the following calculation:
Total earned income (from the country where the most time was spent) amount x twelve
Number of months worked there
For example WP(UK) will consider a period of up to twelve months in the last fifteen. If the applicant has supplied evidence that they have spent eight of the months for which earnings are claimed in the United Kingdom and then four months in Nigeria, the caseworker should take the earned income in the United Kingdom, divide it by eight and multiply by twelve to give an annual income figure. The applicant is then allocated points appropriate to that figure. The applicant should provide supporting evidence to cover the full period claimed if they wish to claim earnings on a pro rata basis
If the situation should arise where the applicant has worked for exactly six months in each country consecutively, to total twelve months, then the earnings should still be calculated on a pro rata basis for both amounts. The income that benefits the applicant most should be the figure that is considered.
The applicant may also have worked in more than one country for a period of less than twelve months. For instance, if the applicant has worked for only nine months over the earnings period claimed and they have supplied evidence that they have spent six of the months in The United Kingdom and three months in Nigeria, the caseworker would use the following calculation:
Total earned income (from the country where the most time was spent) amount x nine
Number of months worked there
This is the only occasion where we can pro-rata an applicant’s earnings.

Hope fully this should answer your question ..

Note: I am not a expert here .. but I guess what ever I have understood is right .. please check the case worker guidence once again

dejavu wrote:Hi. I am in a tricky situation here!

I qualify for 75 points based on £26000 earning. Have all the right documents as per guadiance notes/caseworker handbook. EXCEPT:

For Salary Earning points: I am claiming 9.5 months from the UK (£24062.39) and 1.5 month from Australia.

With UK part I have wage slips/employee statement/bank statement -- sufficient!

With Australia, I have employee statement/bank statement only. As well as a copy of PAYG by employee(what employee gets from Tax office). And a copy of MicroPay showing the details of all wage slips summary of monthly payment, with a statement from previous company, saying it is the wageslip equavilant as computer system does not allow to regenerate wage slips!

I have lost my old wage slips/notice of assessment(tax return -- what employer gets from tax office).

Question: Is PAYG(what employee gets from Tax office)+ employee statement/bank statement enough? What if PAYG is a stamped copy?
Does MicroPay count as a form of wage slip summary?

If the above doesnt work I have to apply by exceptional consideration, which they might NOT consider! (If they do consider they can use my employee statement + bank statement)

If I wait for one more month my total uk salary will become over £26,000. However the new Scheme system kicks in at 29 Feb!!!!!!

Under the new scheme two concerns:
1. I might need to sit an additional ITELS english exam even if I am from New zealand and did a bachelor in english ?
2. I am on a working holiday visa right now , working rights expires on 10/04/08, under the statement of intent of tier I it clearly stated that working holiday visa cant switch to HSMP!!!!

whats the best way to go forward? Please help!

Thanks so much.

dejavu
Newly Registered

Post by dejavu » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:42 am

hi thx for ur reply.

the problem is not about how it is calculated. the problem is to do with if my current documents are adequate as what HSMP recognize as pay slips/ tax statement.

cheers.