ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some advice required please -Bail Review & Litigation debt

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

novice2017
Newly Registered

Some advice required please -Bail Review & Litigation debt

Post by novice2017 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:29 pm

Hi,

I would like some advice please if possible on a couple thing.

About two weeks ago my wife brother was granted bail after a immigration bail hearing, both me and my wife put ourselves forward as surety to ensure he meets all of his bail conditions whilst a judicial review takes place for asylum. Today was the first day that he had to report to the home office in London Bridge which my wife went along with him. Whilst there my Brother inlaw was given a letter by the Home Office about attending a bail review hearing, and that as Surety we have to take along our bank statements, passports and utility bill, all which we took to the bail hearing tribunal two weeks ago.

Please can someone advise what these bail review consists of? and is this something that will happen on a regular basis as I can't afford to take time off work every month to attend these hearings.

The letter goes like this "This is to inform you that.Mr XX....current bail conditions will be varied to Chief immigration officer (cio) bail...."

Also on a second point, My brother in law received a letter through the post last week from the UK Goverment legal department about litigation debt, he dosen't know anything about oweing any debt, the letter was bout about 10 pages which did not make sense. He even took the letter with him today to the home office to show them and they don't even know what the letter is about.

Thank you.

Dupze

Re: Some advice required please -Bail Review & Litigation de

Post by Dupze » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:03 am

Hi the bail review it's just a normal procedure nothing much happen they will just photocopy your documents they said you must bring and give you something to sign to say that you are standing as his surities, then they will tell him about his signing routine.

I just did the samething last month I was confused aswell after I was told to go back with my surities when I went to report the first time.

novice2017
Newly Registered

Re: Some advice required please -Bail Review & Litigation de

Post by novice2017 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:25 am

Hi,

Thanks for your post much appreciated. You put mine and my wife minds at ease. :mrgreen: