ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences on Requesting Passports back from UKVI (EEA)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramonar
Newly Registered

Re: Experiences on Requesting Passports back from UKBA (EEA2

Post by ramonar » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:44 am

Hi,

I have applied to get my passport back 2 times. Does anybody know the phone number where I can call and inquire about this?

Best
Ramo

evelyne90
Newly Registered

Post by evelyne90 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:13 pm

Richard W wrote:
eyb wrote:"if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;"
The last part is consistent with Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, which extends leave while a request for variation of leave is under consideration. That extension lapses if the applicant leaves the UK. If you have merely applied for a residence card as a direct family member (e.g. spouse) of an EEA national, and have no non-EEA applications pending, it does not apply to you. If you are a visa national, you will have difficulty returning to the UK other than by virtue of the Tier 2 visa.

I'm not sure how valid the threat is for someone applying for an EEA documentation as an extended family member. It may depend on whether they currently hold such a document.
hi Richard and everybody,

I am the EEA family member and I would like to plan a short trip outside UK on march, and for this both me and my non-EEA husband would need to request our passports back.

He has a valid EEA family permit until end of march. Do you think he will have difficulty in re-entering the country?

kind regards

Mandokinha2701

Post by Mandokinha2701 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:17 am

Hi there,

I apologise if my question has been asked before on this thread. Could anyone help me? I have made a Non EEA PR application and have received my CoA and I could fraquear my passport back. I have holidays booked in May (which should be just about at the end of the 6 months period that the application -usually- takes).
If request my passport back and go on holidays with my CoA, would I have problems returning to the UK? What can they say? If that would work, what can I do?

Many thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:36 am

This topic is about how to request passports from the now UKVI/HO (UKBA is defunct).
Its not about how do I get back into UK.

For such questions kindly open own topic with own question.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mandokinha2701

Post by Mandokinha2701 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:44 am

I apologise.

Thank you.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:50 am

Mandokinha2701 wrote:I apologise.

Thank you.
Don't worry.
Everyone's case is different so its confusing if detailed questions are asked in one place.
More chance of a good answer in your own topic.

Note to all: worth noting EEA applicants (EEA citizens) can now use a new document checking service at certain councils.
No need to submit original passports for months (at a time) at all.

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 17519.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.