ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Understanding of Income Claimed Vs Tax Paid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uktierone

Question on Understanding of Income Claimed Vs Tax Paid

Post by uktierone » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi All

I have been reading alot of posts related to ILR because of some Tax Issues. Based on this I have a basic query :

I understand HO does checks the Tax paid are in line to HMRC records or not, but if like me has gone for extension in mid of financial year then in that case how does HO compares the income declared Vs the Tax Paid.

For Eg: I went for my Tier 1 (General) extension in September'2013 and claimed income points considering 12 months i.e. September'2012 till Aug'2013 and this comes between 2 Tax Years (i.e. 2012-13 and 2013-14)

So considering above example as the income claimed is between 2 Tax Years it will never match to the Tax Return done for individual financial years (i.e. 2012-13 and 2013-14)

Looking forward to hear comments and correct my understanding.

Regards

monty87

Re: Question on Understanding of Income Claimed Vs Tax Paid

Post by monty87 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Go through this thread, you will find your answers.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1374130

uktierone

Post by uktierone » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi Monty87

Thank you for point this out. Having gone through the thread I seem that as a different case wherein its being questioned whether an amendment need to be done or not due change in income values.

Whereas I am more precisely trying to understand as how HO does the claimed income calculation Vs Tax Claimed in cases when Income Claimed is cutting across 2 FY's

Appreciate if anyone can explain this if I am missing on something.

Regards

monty87

Post by monty87 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:39 pm

uktierone wrote:Hi Monty87

Whereas I am more precisely trying to understand as how HO does the claimed income calculation Vs Tax Claimed in cases when Income Claimed is cutting across 2 FY's
Your answer is still in the thread. Home office will basically add your total income claimed in tax returns FY 2012/13 and FY2013/14 which should be at least your total claimed earnings to HO in the calendar months (sep 2012 to aug 2013).

uktierone

Post by uktierone » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:32 pm

monty87 wrote:
uktierone wrote:Hi Monty87

Your answer is still in the thread. Home office will basically add your total income claimed in tax returns FY 2012/13 and FY2013/14 which should be at least your total claimed earnings to HO in the calendar months (sep 2012 to aug 2013).

Hi Monty87

Many Thanks for clarification.

Regards