ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR p- T2 Dependant Visa July 27, 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UPENDRAB
Newly Registered

ILR p- T2 Dependant Visa July 27, 2012

Post by UPENDRAB » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:26 pm

Dear Esteemed Sr Members,

I am T2 General Visa holder since 30 March 2012 and this year I will applying for my Indefinite leave to remain. My Wife and Son(Born in UK) are the only dependant on my T2 General visa. My wife got the T2 dependant visa issued on July 27, 2012. Our present T2 general visa is valid till feb 1 2018.

As mentione earlier, I am applying for my ILR around April 2017 and have read new rile for ILR dependant application.

"A person who was granted PBS dependant visa as a dependant of a Tier 2 General Migrant under the rules in place before 9 July 2012 can apply for ILR as a PBS dependant of Tier 2 General Migrant if he has lived in the UK for two years on PBS dependant visa and the main applicant is either applying for ILR at the same time or has already been granted ILR as a Tier 2 General Migrant.

A person who was granted PBS dependant visa as a dependant of a Tier 2 General Migrant under the rules in place from 9 July 2012 can apply for ILR as a PBS dependant of Tier 2 General Migrant if he has lived in the UK for five years on PBS dependant visa and the main applicant is either applying for ILR at the same time or has already been granted ILR as a Tier 2 General Migrant."

As I understood, my wife cannot apply for the ILR along with me as she needs 5 year of UK PBS Dependant visa since she got T2 general dependant only on July 27, 2012.

My question: As I apply for ILR and if granted my status will be moving from T2 General to ILR. However, as my wife cannot apply at the same time and she is on T2 General dependant visa - Does her visa status remains the same or does she needs to go anything else?

if she applies for a different route the 5 year clock will be rest for her.

If she continues to remain and enjoy T2 General dependant status- she completes her 5 yearin July anyway to be eligible to apply for ILR- Am i right ?

Thanks for you valuable time and information.

Regards,

U

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR p- T2 Dependant Visa July 27, 2012

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:34 pm

On what date did she APPLY for her Tier 2 Dependent visa?
My question: As I apply for ILR and if granted my status will be moving from T2 General to ILR. However, as my wife cannot apply at the same time and she is on T2 General dependant visa - Does her visa status remains the same or does she needs to go anything else?
She can stay on her current visa. No need to change to another category.
if she applies for a different route the 5 year clock will be rest for her.
Correct
If she continues to remain and enjoy T2 General dependant status- she completes her 5 yearin July anyway to be eligible to apply for ILR- Am i right ?
Correct

Your UK born child also does not require ILR if you plan on registering him as British once you have ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UPENDRAB
Newly Registered

Post by UPENDRAB » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Many thanks for your response on a Sunday afternoon. Much appreciated for the information!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:36 pm

UPENDRAB wrote:Many thanks for your response on a Sunday afternoon. Much appreciated for the information!
CR001 wrote:On what date did she APPLY for her Tier 2 Dependent visa?
This is also really important if you can provide the date she submitted her application in 2012.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.