ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

days allowed for ceremony booking

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rasheyz
Newly Registered

days allowed for ceremony booking

Post by rasheyz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:08 am

hi all,

i did my bio metric on 21 DEC and i am expecting approval in the 1st week of Feb 2017, but i need to travel for 6 weeks from next week, i just need to know, if my application is approved then how many days Home office allows to book for ceremony?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: days allowed for ceremony booking

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:54 am

You should book your ceremony within 21 days of receiving the invitation letter.
i am expecting approval in the 1st week of Feb 2017
What makes you expect it then? A lot of people have been waiting for more than 6 months, some for more than a year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:02 pm

To answer your question you have 3 months from the date on approval letter to attend your ceremony.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:50 pm

CR001 wrote:You should book your ceremony within 21 days of receiving the invitation letter.
i am expecting approval in the 1st week of Feb 2017
What makes you expect it then? A lot of people have been waiting for more than 6 months, some for more than a year.
But further to cyborg001's post as in CR001's advice above, note that the ceremony MUST be booked with the Council within 21 days. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.