ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visitor ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babyblue731
Newly Registered

Standard Visitor ILR

Post by babyblue731 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi guys,
I'm currently holding a Tier 2 General visa, but my company's sponsor license is very likely to be revoked as the home office suspect the company created the job only for me to extend my stay in the UK.
I have only six months left to become qualified for ILR. And I have no gap.
I will leave the UK on the same day or even before they revoke the sponsor license, and then apply for a standard visitor visa to come back to the UK for that six months.
I owned a house and I might be able to leave my son with my relatives for the period I left the country.
Will Home office grant me the visitor visa?
Can I apply ILR with the visitor visa?
My first visa was valid from 14/08/2017, but I first arrived in the UK on 19/09/2017. Which is the date I shall start count for the 10 years?

vinny

Re: Standard Visitor ILR

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:46 pm

babyblue731 wrote:Can I apply ILR with the visitor visa?
Doubtful.
babyblue731 wrote:My first visa was valid from 14/08/2017, but I first arrived in the UK on 19/09/2017. Which is the date I shall start count for the 10 years?
Really?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

DEMO

Re: Standard Visitor ILR

Post by DEMO » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:26 am

Hi @babyblue731,

Please keep it updated here what are you planning to do for that 6 months gap.

I am in the same situation, I'll be eligible for ILR by 1st of July 2017 and beside my company license got revoked. I have 2.5 weeks left while my company wait for court case decision which will be in a week time. I am going to vary my application if decision comes against the company then I'll have less than 4.5 half months gap before get eligible on 10 years route.