ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADVICE REQUIRED

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amirkhan
Newly Registered

ADVICE REQUIRED

Post by amirkhan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:58 pm

ITS FOR ONE OF MY FRIEND ..HE IS ON HSMP VISA FROM LAST ONE YEAR.HE GOT OLD PARENTS OVER 66 YEARS OF AGE AND HE INTENDS TO INVITIE THEM UNDER HIS DEPENDANT VISA.HIS PARENTS ARE HAVING SERIOUS MEDICAL ILLNESS AND THERES NO ONE IN BACK HOME TO LOOK AFTER THEM.MY FRIEND IS HERE TO SUPPORT HIM AND HIS FAMILY.HE IS DOING A 50K JOB AND HAVING 2 PROPERTIES IN UNITED KINGDOM.HE CAN EASILY SUPPORT AND ACCOMODTAE HIS PARENTS.IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET VISA AS DEPENDANT FOR HIS PARENTS???

PLEASE ADVICE ...

THANKS

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: ADVICE REQUIRED

Post by sakura » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:18 pm

amirkhan wrote:ITS FOR ONE OF MY FRIEND ..HE IS ON HSMP VISA FROM LAST ONE YEAR.HE GOT OLD PARENTS OVER 66 YEARS OF AGE AND HE INTENDS TO INVITIE THEM UNDER HIS DEPENDANT VISA.HIS PARENTS ARE HAVING SERIOUS MEDICAL ILLNESS AND THERES NO ONE IN BACK HOME TO LOOK AFTER THEM.MY FRIEND IS HERE TO SUPPORT HIM AND HIS FAMILY.HE IS DOING A 50K JOB AND HAVING 2 PROPERTIES IN UNITED KINGDOM.HE CAN EASILY SUPPORT AND ACCOMODTAE HIS PARENTS.IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET VISA AS DEPENDANT FOR HIS PARENTS???

PLEASE ADVICE ...

THANKS
You can only bring spouses and children under the HSMP visa. There are no allowances for parents, until he obtains ILR.

If he is earning enough, he should send them money every month. Immigration-wise, the only option is a visitor's visa. Note that this isn't a settlement visa, so they should not intend to 'settle' whilst on the visa.

amirkhan
Newly Registered

Post by amirkhan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:38 pm

HI

ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.HIS PARENTS ARE ALSO VERY RICH AND HIS DAD IS X-ARMY PERSONAL AND HE IS HAVING ENOUGH MONEY FOR TWO GENERATIONS.

AS MY FRIENDS PARENTS ARE QUITE OLD AND THERS NO ONE THERE TO LOOK AFTER THEM EXCEPT SERVANTS.MY FRIEND DONT WANT TO GO BACK. CAN HE APPLY OUTSIDE THE IMMIGRATION RULES? IS THERES ANY CHANCE.

I THINK EVERY HUMAN SHOULD HAV THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND STAY ANYWHERE WHERE EVER HE LIKES.THESE RESTRICTIONS NEEDS TO BE LIFTED.....THERE SHOULD BE FREEDOM FOR EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING.

KINDLY ADVICE THANKS IN ADVANCE

===============================================
sakura wrote:
amirkhan wrote:ITS FOR ONE OF MY FRIEND ..HE IS ON HSMP VISA FROM LAST ONE YEAR.HE GOT OLD PARENTS OVER 66 YEARS OF AGE AND HE INTENDS TO INVITIE THEM UNDER HIS DEPENDANT VISA.HIS PARENTS ARE HAVING SERIOUS MEDICAL ILLNESS AND THERES NO ONE IN BACK HOME TO LOOK AFTER THEM.MY FRIEND IS HERE TO SUPPORT HIM AND HIS FAMILY.HE IS DOING A 50K JOB AND HAVING 2 PROPERTIES IN UNITED KINGDOM.HE CAN EASILY SUPPORT AND ACCOMODTAE HIS PARENTS.IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET VISA AS DEPENDANT FOR HIS PARENTS???

PLEASE ADVICE ...

THANKS
You can only bring spouses and children under the HSMP visa. There are no allowances for parents, until he obtains ILR.

If he is earning enough, he should send them money every month. Immigration-wise, the only option is a visitor's visa. Note that this isn't a settlement visa, so they should not intend to 'settle' whilst on the visa.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:45 pm

amirkhan wrote:HI

ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.HIS PARENTS ARE ALSO VERY RICH AND HIS DAD IS X-ARMY PERSONAL AND HE IS HAVING ENOUGH MONEY FOR TWO GENERATIONS.

AS MY FRIENDS PARENTS ARE QUITE OLD AND THERS NO ONE THERE TO LOOK AFTER THEM EXCEPT SERVANTS.MY FRIEND DONT WANT TO GO BACK. CAN HE APPLY OUTSIDE THE IMMIGRATION RULES? IS THERES ANY CHANCE.

I THINK EVERY HUMAN SHOULD HAV THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND STAY ANYWHERE WHERE EVER HE LIKES.THESE RESTRICTIONS NEEDS TO BE LIFTED.....THERE SHOULD BE FREEDOM FOR EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING.

KINDLY ADVICE THANKS IN ADVANCE

===============================================
sakura wrote:

PLEASE ADVICE ...

THANKS

If your friend's parents have enough money of their own and have assests back home, it`ll be even more difficult for them to move here permanently

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:55 am

Isn't there an immigration category called retired persons of independent means? if they are VERY rich then it may be worth researching that option. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 6679107538
'In everything give thanks'

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:19 am

Amirkhan,
I THINK EVERY HUMAN SHOULD HAV THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND STAY ANYWHERE WHERE EVER HE LIKES.THESE RESTRICTIONS NEEDS TO BE LIFTED.....THERE SHOULD BE FREEDOM FOR EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING
Truth is, if the parents are as rich as you imply, they have the right to live anywhere they want; money is a great tool when dealing with the immigration system of developed countries. There are cathegories for investors and entrepreneurs and the parents can use these legal and effective tools to settle in the UK, US and in fact many developed countries.

If, on the other hand, people don't have lot's of money, that right disapears and you have to prove that you would contribute to society and would not become a burden to public funds.

If the parents were really poor, and had no one to look after them and their health and live was at risk, he may have an opportunity to apply for a visa once he had ILR. As they are rich, have servants and are not dependant on the son to provide money; the ILR dependant route is affected. The best option is the recommended by the OP "retired persons of independent means"....better yet, they could move to sunny Panama and pay no taxes, have more servants and enjoy the sun
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:24 pm

amirkhan wrote:I THINK EVERY HUMAN SHOULD HAV THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND STAY ANYWHERE WHERE EVER HE LIKES.THESE RESTRICTIONS NEEDS TO BE LIFTED.....THERE SHOULD BE FREEDOM FOR EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING.
Right, petition for that to happen in your friend's parents' country and get their government to lift all immigration and border controls first. Then, they can ask other countries to reciprocate. :roll: