ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR based on job offer paying £35K salary?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manibest
Newly Registered

ILR based on job offer paying £35K salary?

Post by manibest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:43 pm

To whom it may concern,

I am on Tier 2 General Visa that expires in Feb 2018 after completing 6 years on it. I am currently sponsored by my current employer and I will complete five years on my sponsorship in Feb 2017, and after that I am planning to immediately apply for ILR. But my current annual salary is less than £35K which is the minimum salary threshold required for ILR. I have already spoken with my current employer/sponsor about raising my salary to £35K to meet the minimum salary requirement for ILR but unfortunately they are unable to raise it, and therefore they will eventually loose me after working for them for over 6 years, since Sep 2010.

In order to meet this salary threshold, I have been looking to get a new sponsor/employer for LAST TWO YEARS. There are several jobs in the market that I can apply for, but these jobs are from employers who do not hold the license to offer Tier 2 General sponsorship. And unfortunately I have not been able to find a potential sponsor which obviously is very frustrating for me at this stage.

I have been living in UK since September 2008. I completed my Masters degree from The University of Manchester, I have been doing jobs in my professional IT field ever since. I am well settled in UK with my family, have bought my own house as well and everything is going on just fine. But if I do not find a sponsor in time before my visa expires, I will have to leave UK eventually and have to start my life from scratch and build all over again somewhere else. I really do not want this to happen.

On the contrary, there are other employers in the market who do offer £35K+ annual salary but they do not hold license to sponsor Tier 2 General Visa. One such employer is ready to make me an offer paying £35K+ annual salary in order to get ILR. Once I get my ILR based on that job offer, that employer will hire me on permanent basis and will pay me £35K+ annual salary. But because I cannot start working for this new employer on my T2G visa (as they do not hold license to sponsor T2G visa), I will have to switch to ILR in order to start working for them.

I am really on the verge of getting ILR in Feb 2017 after completing 5 years on my sponsorship, and I do not want to loose it.

Question:

Given the above senerio, can I apply for and get ILR on the basis of a job offer from new employer paying £35K+ annual salary? If yes, please can you inform what documents will be needed from the new employer as evidence of job offer, offered salary and confirmation that they will hire me after I get my ILR?
If I cannot get ILR on this job offer, what other options do I hold in order to permanently settle in UK?

I am very desperate to take all steps correctly at this last stage in order to get ILR and permanently settle in the UK. Therefore please be humbly requested to provide any possible advice leading to ILR.

I shall be very thankful to you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR based on job offer paying £35K salary?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:21 pm

You were already given answers to your questions in November 2016. Posting a new topic with the same question will not change the answer. Please continue in your other topic, link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1423035

Only other option is for you or spouse to see if you qualify for a Tier 4 or if your spouse qualifies for Tier 2. No other option really other than big salary increase or find another sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.