ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLY NOW OR APPLY AFTER MARCH as TIER-I????????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dipak_blr
Newly Registered

APPLY NOW OR APPLY AFTER MARCH as TIER-I????????

Post by dipak_blr » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:45 pm

:?
Please welcome here to discuss pros and cons of applying HSMP now or applying it in March under Tier-I rule.
We need experienced people to guide us on this plzzzzzzz.

dipak_blr
Newly Registered

Post by dipak_blr » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:51 pm

If the rules of Tier-I is going to be same I think it is better to apply in March because initially we get 3 yrs of HSMP which can be extended to 2 yrs... i.e (3+2)
However if we apply before march it will be 2yrs + 3yrs.

Aary

Post by Aary » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:51 pm

I am also waiting for Tier 1 to come in. If rules do not change much then applying after March is better. As per the intent document Tier1 general category look same as HSMP.

Arif
Newly Registered

Post by Arif » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:17 pm

As far as the Borders and Immigration website and Work Permit website is concerned, there is not much change as far as HSMP is concerned. The only difference being that they have included a section on English Language and Maintainance. However, one still has to obtain 75 points to qualify.

So as things stand now, I don;t think one would be at any disadvantage if one were to apply after March. But if someone has anything to add here, I think we would all appreciate it.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:34 pm

There is very high chances for English language requirement to go high

Suppose if they dont consider bachelor degree english at last moment, then it may become difficult for many to get the required IELTS score

Not sure of what will be the future IELTS requirement

but I will still suggest to apply before march, unless you have IELTS score above 7 (in each category)

curious canadian
Newly Registered

Post by curious canadian » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:45 pm

I think it is better to apply right now instead of March because

initially we get 3 yrs of HSMP which can be extended to 2 yrs (3+2)

which is the same as:

Inital 2 years of HSMP + 3yrs extention. (2+3)

Initial should in my opinion should be smaller so one gets a chance to find out if things are going well and if they are one should apply for extention.

Also in March the fees is going to go up to 600 BP, which is a disadvantage.

Also the "unknown factor" since we dont know what else is going to change.

daylebo5
Newly Registered

Post by daylebo5 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:43 am

curious canadian wrote: Initial should in my opinion should be smaller so one gets a chance to find out if things are going well and if they are one should apply for extention.
I disagree with this point .. i think it better to have 3 years initially and then 2 with FLR.. this gives you more time to settle down and then apply for FLR... if things are not goin well u can get out at anyttime... so i think waiting till march is a better option...

However there would be an increase in the cost from £400 to £600.. so if this is too much then go ahead now.. however they might stop accepting applications sometime before the changes come into effect...

dejavu
Newly Registered

Post by dejavu » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:43 am

I am on a working holiday maker visa, by reading the statement of intent it clearly states under Annex D it is clearly stated that:

"People with leave as Working holidaymakers, will not be able to switch into any highly skilled subcategory. "

:(

anan_78
Newly Registered

Post by anan_78 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:56 am

daylebo5 wrote:
curious canadian wrote: However there would be an increase in the cost from £400 to £600.. so if this is too much then go ahead now.. however they might stop accepting applications sometime before the changes come into effect...
I am sure of the above, they say there will be "single" process which include HSMP approval + EC, and the fees is supposed to be 600GBP. Currently hsmp is 400 P and another 200 P for EC application, which implies no change in fees.

Please comment, if I got this wrong (I understand it is still being considered not yet implemented).

daylebo5
Newly Registered

Post by daylebo5 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:41 pm

anan_78 wrote:
daylebo5 wrote:
curious canadian wrote: However there would be an increase in the cost from £400 to £600.. so if this is too much then go ahead now.. however they might stop accepting applications sometime before the changes come into effect...
I am sure of the above, they say there will be "single" process which include HSMP approval + EC, and the fees is supposed to be 600GBP. Currently hsmp is 400 P and another 200 P for EC application, which implies no change in fees.

Please comment, if I got this wrong (I understand it is still being considered not yet implemented).
I hope that £600 is for the Approval and HSMP... but i highly doubt it since I think they have just raised the rates for the HSMP approval...
I think we'll have to wait for the final guidelines to be sure...