ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for my parents - checklist & possibility

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

timefactor
Member of Standing

Dependent visa for my parents - checklist & possibility

Post by timefactor » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:05 am

Myself, OH & kid

I'm holding ILR, similar the case of both partner & kid. I've never attempted to access public funds, including child benifit & ownes mortgaged 4 bed house in London. We are financially OK to show the statements to HO

My Parents

My parents are aged 75 & 66 and I'm the only son (no bros / sisters) for my parents. My dad is holding a bank account, just less than £500 balance in it. Apart from that no assets / savings for them. They are here on visit visa now. Also in the past, they were here 3 times and went back promptly!

What documents i can provide
Both the parents passport showing their age, indian address & immigration stamps (shows they were very prompt in leaving country after their Visit visa period over)
My passport showing their names as father & mother
A Notary (solicitor) certificate stating they fully depends on me
Their bank statements showing NIL income
My bank statements, wage slips, mortgage statements to show my financial status
I'm planning to take this case to HO via consultant, but would like to hear your thoughts, whether my case is solid or not?

Cheers
S

jimmyk54321
Newly Registered

Post by jimmyk54321 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:42 pm

hi,
provided you have evidence of financial support provided to your parents over the years (perhaps in the form on money transfers etc...) then you should not have a problem. If you do not have any evidence of financial support then you would have show strong compassionate grounds for them to qualify as dependant of yourself.