ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum hour for pro-rated salary calculation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Surjit82
Newly Registered

Minimum hour for pro-rated salary calculation

Post by Surjit82 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Dear members,

I have seen comments on this forum that the "appropriate salary" is a just a "rate". It means the employee does not need to work for that hours in a particular job code. It appears to say that an employee's working hours can be reduced so long as the "minimum salary rate" is maintained. I have seen that for the shortage list occupations/jobs, the minimum requirement is 30 hours a week.
My questions are:
1) Can the working hours be reduced whilst maintaining the minimum salary rate? For example, £44100 salary for 39 hours a week is reduced to £33923 salary for 30 hours a week (pro-rated basis).
2) Is there a minimum working hours per week for tier 2 (general) job category NOT listed in the shortage list?

Reduction in salary (page 107 of Tier 2 and 5: guidance for sponsors-version 11/16) talks about "rate of pay", not the amount of pay. It says that if the salary is reduced, the reduced rate must meet the current appropriate rate requirements.

Any personal experience please... The job I am talking about is for tier 2 (general) not listed in shortage list.

Many thanks in advance!

Surjit