ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa extension Salary requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jigooyoun
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Visa extension Salary requirement

Post by jigooyoun » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi,
Happy new year to you all!

I am due to extend my current tier 2 visa in March,
When I previously applied 3 years ago I entered as an experienced worker and had to meet the experienced salary requirement. So.. as far as I have done my research on this, salary requirement for me is still the same for extension? Meaning, as long as my salary is over current codes of practice for the experienced, it should be fine?

However, I read somewhere that if I previously was granted visa as experienced, my salary should be 25% more than experienced salary requirement to get extension.

Can someone tell me what is true?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks!

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General Visa extension Salary requirement

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:34 pm

Please post the source where "you read" about the 25% increase for any of us to validate. As far as I know, there is no such requirement.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:30 am

salary to be as per soc code.
min salary has been increased to 25k, and increasing to 30 in spring. If the experienced salary of your relevant soc code is less than 30k, u will need 30k starting from spring. If you send extension before, it has to be more than experienced rate or 25k whichever is higher.

pm2904
Newly Registered

Post by pm2904 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:10 am

Hi iworker,

I have read on the guidance for sponsors document that those applicants who already have leave to remain under Tier 2 (General) and those who apply before 25 November 2016, there will be transitional arrangements so that when they come to next extend their visa, the £20,800 minimum will apply and not the £25,000 minimum. However, when the £30,000 minimum comes in next year, there will be no such transitional arrangement for those who applied after 24 November 2016 meaning their salary must reach this minimum upon extension.

If I apply after April 6, will I need to be on £30k+?

Apologies for posting my query in a separate thread.