ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original documents not returned

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chiwi
Newly Registered

Original documents not returned

Post by chiwi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Hello everyone!

My mum has applied for a visit visa and they have made their decision. My mum recieved her passport and sponsors' docs back however they have not included all of her original documents (apart from passport). She has put her papers for her properties, which is very important. She photocopied everything but when she's had her appointment at VFS they took the original and the copies as well. We are very worried about this.
Can anyone advice me on what to do? Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Original documents not returned

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:23 pm

VFS should have returned the originals to your mother on the day of the appointment once they had made copies.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chiwi
Newly Registered

Post by chiwi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Casa wrote:VFS should have returned the originals to your mother on the day of the appointment once they had made copies.
My mum said they kept it in one folder and took her originals. What can we do, will they give it back? She can't get those documents again as it was from who knows how many years ago.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 pm

I suggest she asks VFS to locate and return the documents.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chiwi
Newly Registered

Post by chiwi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Casa wrote:I suggest she asks VFS to locate and return the documents.

I have messaged the visa international enquiries and they said I have to wait 3 to 5 days, or even longer while they wait for the relevant department to reply. I'm not sure if they've just completly forgotten to put her original docs in as they returned her sponsors papers and her passport but not included her letter and her docs. Is there a case like this before or is there any chance they'll say it's lost? I have tried to look but I can't seem to find any answer. It makes me so worried and I can't even tell my mum coz she's old and might not handle whatever is goin on with her properties docs

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:52 pm

My divorce certificate wasn't returned when we applied for hubby's spouse visa. I complained to UKVI :

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

And it was located and returned to me.5 months later yes, but at least it was returned. :?
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

chiwi
Newly Registered

Post by chiwi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:42 pm

KatieWills wrote:My divorce certificate wasn't returned when we applied for hubby's spouse visa. I complained to UKVI :

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

And it was located and returned to me.5 months later yes, but at least it was returned. :?
5 months later? :( :shock: have you raised the issue as soon as you received the rest of your documents? She's sorting the title out for one of the property docs she submitted and she needs it by March otherwise she will be charged a lot. What do you think is the best thing to do? i have contacted the international enquires should i wait for their reply or just raise a complaint now? just so they'll look at this matter faster.

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Hubby had to apply by post in NZ and the documents were sent to Manilla for processing. Once they sent the other paperwork back and we realised it was missing I sent the complaint email.

It turned out that Manilla sent it to the office where he submitted his biometrics, they tried to deliver it to his NZ address (one month after he had left the country.) They then sent it to the British High Commission in Wellington as it could not be delivered. When we finally tracked down the document's location and spoke to someone about getting it returned there was an earthquake in NZ and the BHC ended up being closed for weeks while the building was made safe!

I'm sure your mum's return of documents will be more straightforward. If I was you I would sent a complaint as well, they can take a few days to reply and you might find you end up having to send one eventually anyway.

chiwi
Newly Registered

Post by chiwi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:22 pm

KatieWills wrote:Hubby had to apply by post in NZ and the documents were sent to Manilla for processing. Once they sent the other paperwork back and we realised it was missing I sent the complaint email.

It turned out that Manilla sent it to the office where he submitted his biometrics, they tried to deliver it to his NZ address (one month after he had left the country.) They then sent it to the British High Commission in Wellington as it could not be delivered. When we finally tracked down the document's location and spoke to someone about getting it returned there was an earthquake in NZ and the BHC ended up being closed for weeks while the building was made safe!

I'm sure your mum's return of documents will be more straightforward. If I was you I would sent a complaint as well, they can take a few days to reply and you might find you end up having to send one eventually anyway.

Ok I will do that now. I was gonna wait until they've passed it to the relevant department just to see what they say. I am grateful with the result but can't even be happy as they have not returned the most important documents. I feel tight on my mum just thinking they might say its lost or something as she worked hard for those. Thank you for a bit of reassurance there, I am really worried, I can't even tell my mum coz she might not take it good as she's old.

Really dunno how they left her original documents even her explation letter when they've sent the sponsor's docs and her passport

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Try not to let the frustration overshadow your happiness. There's not really much more you can do.
File the complaint and look forward to mum's visit, the documents will likely be back before you know it.

chiwi
Newly Registered

Post by chiwi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:49 pm

KatieWills wrote:Try not to let the frustration overshadow your happiness. There's not really much more you can do.
File the complaint and look forward to mum's visit, the documents will likely be back before you know it.
Thank you so much. I am worried sick.I can't put my mind at ease since she received her docs and didn't have the originals in, it's been a nightmare since. I can't even book her flight to be honest as she won't go without her docs coz she was planning on bringing it here for me to look after (after she shows it for sorting the titles out).

I've sent the complaint now so I'll just have to wait 20 days, that's a long time but oh well :(