ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension - employer cocked up

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

la_sunset
Newly Registered

Tier 2 extension - employer cocked up

Post by la_sunset » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Dear all,

i am currently on a tier 2 visa which will expire end of march, 17. since i am working in the same job, my employer has issued me with a cos to extend my leave to remain.
however, just before i was about to post application, i noticed the SOC code they have used is different then the one on my initial cos 3 years ago.

now my question is, can this be amended on this cos or will they need to cancel this cos and reapply for a new one. if they do cancel this cos, will there be any implications for me.

cheers
Last edited by noajthan on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed offensive word

noajthan

Re: Tier 2 extension - employer cocked up

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Keep it clean - ladies present.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

la_sunset
Newly Registered

Post by la_sunset » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:31 pm

@noajthan http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chicken-Up

i would appreciate a response to my query instead of being judgemental about the cleanliness of my post, which by the way is a perfectly normal way to express when someone messes up.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:51 pm

la_sunset wrote:@noajthan http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chicken-Up

i would appreciate a response to my query instead of being judgemental about the cleanliness of my post, which by the way is a perfectly normal way to express when someone messes up.
Not on this forum it isn't. :!: And I believe that wasn't the word referred to, which appears to have been edited out.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Easy tiger.
Good things come to those who wait.
All are giving up their precious Saturday here.

When a member is free who is able to share their insights then maybe they will.
That is how it works - so stand by.
If you want a quicker response you may ofcourse engage a suitably qualified professional (if you can find one on a Saturday afternoon).

And it was your other colourful Anglo-Norman reference to certain practices that was edited out.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

asif2133
Poland

Post by asif2133 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:45 am

good you spotted the error in time and saved yourself a few hundred pounds as it would have been a straight forward rejection if a new soc code is used for an extension application.

i think you can ask your employer to change the soc code on your cos through the sms system. not hundred percent sure but hopefully they should be able to edit it for you.