ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving UK and reapply Tier 2 from outside the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sm_5387
Newly Registered

Leaving UK and reapply Tier 2 from outside the UK

Post by sm_5387 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:22 am

Hi all,

I am currently on Tier 2 visa and it is going to end soon. My sponsor is not willing to sponsor me for another 3 years. I have found another job but it will take few months to apply tier 2 license for my new employer. I am thinking about leaving the UK and reapply from my home country. My questions are:

1. I guess if I leave the UK and reapply withing 28 days (after my current leave expire) it won't break my continuous stay for ILR. Is it correct?

2. If I apply for new visa after 28 days (after my current leave expire) will I get only another 3 years left on my Tier 2 or treated as a fresh tier 2 migrant and get another 5 years?

vinny

Re: Leaving UK and reapply Tier 2 from outside the UK

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:46 am

A Tier 2 entry clearance may be subject to a cooling off period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:29 am

In addition to what Vinny said, this will require a Restricted COS and your ILR clock will be reset
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:39 am

short answer is, whatever u do, u must apply for change of employment within uk.
even if that means applying within 28 days AFTER the expiry of your current visa. Although best to apply before your leave expires.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:32 pm

iworker wrote:short answer is, whatever u do, u must apply for change of employment within uk.
even if that means applying within 28 days AFTER the expiry of your current visa. Although best to apply before your leave expires.
Note that the 28 days has been reduced to 14 days now I believe.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gmng
Newly Registered

Post by gmng » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
iworker wrote:short answer is, whatever u do, u must apply for change of employment within uk.
Note that the 28 days has been reduced to 14 days now I believe.

What is this 14 days thing if you are changing the employer?
I am in a situation where my leave is expiring in end of Feb and my new employer has applied for a new ucos but still no result. If my leave expires does this 14 day rule gives me further 14 days to stay in the UK? Please can someone help me with this query? Thanks.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:02 am

sort of yes. U can apply within 14 days of expiry of your visa and u wont be classed as overstayer.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:29 am

That's a misconception. Although they may disregard the period of overstay for the purpose of a leave to remain application, applying after expiry of leave does nevertheless make the applicant an overstayer.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.