ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependants stay after main visa holder leaves

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Dependants stay after main visa holder leaves

Post by BKK006 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:06 am

Hi all,

Apologies every one if this is not the exact place for this question.

My friend has a Tier 2 ICT visa until march 2018 and so does his family of wife and 2 children. His current project is ending in the UK and they have to go back to India.
My friend has got a work visa to the US and is trying for those opportunities. Now, the children have their school term until May/ June and they are being forced to leave the country due to the situation.

Is there any chance the wife and children can stay back until end of May? My friend will be leaving end of Feb so its a case of 3 months approx while the children complete their term here. Is that possible in any way?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependants stay after main visa holder leaves

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:09 am

When the Tier 2 visa holder leaves the UK the dependants will need to leave with him.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Re: Tier 2 Dependants stay after main visa holder leaves

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:18 am

BKK006 wrote:they are being forced to leave the country due to the situation.
If their leave are curtailed, then they should depart prior to the curtailment date.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.