ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal to issue PRC because I had no comprehensive insuranc

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tdealing

Re: Refusal to issue PRC because I had no comprehensive insu

Post by tdealing » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:23 pm

noajthan wrote:PR status is acquired automatically; the date is significant - especially when you want to naturalise.

You can apply for DCPR any time after that to confirm your PR status; date of issue of DCPR is irrelevant.
So this means if I apply as a family member of my mum I would have PR status automatically and don't have to wait for it for 12months to apply for naturalisation because I have been living in the UK for nearly 12 years now? Is that what it means?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:28 pm

tdealing wrote:
noajthan wrote:
I literally haven't got any of that, I only have my certificates for each of my course I undertook but there's no address on those certificates.

:( :( :( :( I am so stressed out now.
Well you do need proof of residence by hook or by crook.

Seems a bit strange you didn't generate any sort of footprint or papertrail at all.
Learn to keep everything!
(I still have 1966 world cup posters and 'first man on moon' newspaper scrapbook from 1969).

Suggest you start doing so for future applications, you can't live off-grid and under the radar when you have to deal with UKVI/HO.
And make sure you start to cultivate some potential referees too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:32 pm

tdealing wrote: I literally haven't got any of that, I only have my certificates for each of my course I undertook but there's no address on those certificates.

:( :( :( :( I am so stressed out now.
Call/email your school(s) and ask for letters to confirm enrollment, with dates. Also call your GP and ask them to help with a letter.

Or make a Subject Access Request to NHS to see what info they hold about you: https://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/pers-info-req/

Not sure why you're so stressed about things - your situation is one of the simplest/easiest... if your mother can prove she was a worker for 5+ years.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:38 pm

tdealing wrote:
noajthan wrote:PR status is acquired automatically; the date is significant - especially when you want to naturalise.

You can apply for DCPR any time after that to confirm your PR status; date of issue of DCPR is irrelevant.
So this means if I apply as a family member of my mum I would have PR status automatically and don't have to wait for it for 12months to apply for naturalisation because I have been living in the UK for nearly 12 years now? Is that what it means?
Exactly, you've got it.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:23 pm

noajthan wrote:
tdealing wrote:

Exactly, you've got it.
Oh this makes things easier then. I will ask my mum to apply as the main applicant then as that's much more easier for both of us. And as a family member I wouldn't need CSI during my university years, sorry to be asking again I just want to be 100% sure.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:06 pm

I just had a look at requerements if I wanted to apply for British citizenship.

And it says this:

But remember that, unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you
should normally have held permanent resident status for 12 months before applying for
naturalisation. This means that you may need to wait until you have been in the United
Kingdom for 6 years before you can apply. When you apply for a permanent residence
document the evidence that you supply for your EEA(PR) application must be for a 5 year
period that ended at least a year before you want to apply for citizenship.
For example:
If you apply for Permanent Residence on 1 March 2017 and want to apply for citizenship
once that application is decided, you should send evidence that shows you were exercising
Treaty rights as a qualified person or family member from 1 March 2011 to 1 March 2016.

This sentence baffles me: When you apply for a permanent residence
document the evidence that you supply for your EEA(PR) application must be for a 5 year
period that ended at least a year before you want to apply for citizenship.
I wonder if I apply as a family member of my mum I won't be able to apply for naturalisation because I would have to wait another 12 months? It's so confusing. :(

I am really sorry if I sound really stupid, if I find all the requirements so confusing and I'm probably stressing out for no reason. I wish there was like a help centre where I could go and have a chat with advisors.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:16 pm

If in UK 12 years you probably acquired PR 7 years ago which covers the 12 months rule.
So don't sweat it.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:39 pm

noajthan wrote:If in UK 12 years you probably acquired PR 7 years ago which covers the 12 months rule.
So don't sweat it.
I am so stressed out, I literally can't concentrate on anything in my life right now this is so stressful. :(

Sorry to be asking you again, but I just had a look at the application for for PRC and if I apply as a family member of my mum (so she would be the main applicant) there are only two otpions- dependant under 21years old and over 21 years but if I say I am over I have to prove that I am dependant on her? I don't live with her anymore, I moved to uni when I was 21 years old.

Please can someone explain this to me, sorry :(

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:53 pm

I'm jumping into a conclusion that I won't be able to get PRC because I haven't got any letters from before 2010 when I was under 21 and after I was 21 I wasn't dependant on my mother anymore and we haven't lived together. So even if my mum applies as a main applicant and me as her family member, I won't be able to get DPRC because I wasn't dependant on her after I was 21.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:48 am

You must have some proof of residing in UK.
Gather what you can find.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:22 am

Double post...
Last edited by Noetic on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:25 am

tdealing wrote:Cool, sounds good guys. Thanks for your help, I will apply again as the main applicant with my mum acting as a sponsor from when I was 16 until 21 years old.

Just one more question, after I get PRC granted to me, do I have to wait another year to apply for British citizenship or can I apply for it straight away?
Does Mum not want to stay / get citizenship eventually? Otherwise it would be prudent to have her as the main applicant.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:34 am

tdealing wrote: But if I apply as a family member of my mum, would I be able to apply for British citizenship straight after? I really want to get my British citizenship granted to me so I can vote.
How you got your DCPR doesn't matter for this, as long as you get it, and the Home Office manage to note down the correct, back dated date of attaining PR. (I believe people have reported this is now printed on the letter that comes with the PR document)

And indeed as others have said, you can already vote in local and European elections, and the next general election is in 2020. Even if the Home Office take a long time to process PR and then citizenship application, you'll have plenty of time to update your nationality on the electoral register before 2020.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:04 am

noajthan wrote:You must have some proof of residing in UK.
I do but not really before I was 20. I suppose my question would be, if I apply as a family member of my mum and my mum would be the main applicant, do I need to be dependant on her?

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:05 am

Noetic wrote:
tdealing wrote:Cool, sounds good guys. Thanks for your help, I will apply again as the main applicant with my mum acting as a sponsor from when I was 16 until 21 years old.

Just one more question, after I get PRC granted to me, do I have to wait another year to apply for British citizenship or can I apply for it straight away?
Does Mum not want to stay / get citizenship eventually? Otherwise it would be prudent to have her as the main applicant.
Yes, well my mum wants PRC now and would apply as the main applicant and include me on the form as her family member, but not sure whether I have to be dependent to be included as her family member?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 am

tdealing wrote:
I do but not really before I was 20. I suppose my question would be, if I apply as a family member of my mum and my mum would be the main applicant, do I need to be dependant on her?
No proof of financial dependency needed if under 21.
Just proof of relationship to sponsor..
No proof of cohabitation needed; just proof of residence in UK.

You need to get up to speed on what a FM is.
Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... als-v4.pdf

Have you re-contacted various agencies to get confirmation letters of your presence in UK?
If not suggest make a start.

Its on you to provide the evidence and its in your interest to do so; HO will not fill in the gaps for you.
Contact schools, doctors, health authority, youth organisations & etc etc.
And as suggested, submit some SARs (FOI requests) to various government and official bodies.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:51 am

noajthan wrote:
tdealing wrote:
No proof of financial dependency needed if under 21.
Just proof of relationship to sponsor..
No proof of cohabitation needed; just proof of residence in UK.

You need to get up to speed on what a FM is.
Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... als-v4.pdf

Have you re-contacted various agencies to get confirmation letters of your presence in UK?
If not suggest make a start.

Its on you to provide the evidence and its in your interest to do so; HO will not fill in the gaps for you.
Contact schools, doctors, health authority, youth organisations & etc etc.
And as suggested, submit some SARs (FOI requests) to various government and official bodies.
Yes, I contacted my college and I got a letter of attendance from 2007 to 2011 which I am rather relieved about. I just realised I had provisional licence since I was 17 too, so would need to contact them if they could send me letters too.

Just wanted to ask how or who do I ask for SARs (FOI requests)? Would Experian or some other credit checking company would have that?

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:37 am

Okay, I think I can get some documents together, and will apply with my mum as the main applicant. But I can show documents dating from Oct 2007- which means by Oct 2011 is only 4 years and I would be over 21 by that point. So I have to show I was dependant for another year until I was 22- need to show bank statements that mum was sending me money?

Also would I tick both boxes on the form- under 21 and over 21 or shall I just explain in more detail in covering letter?

Thanks a lot.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:53 am

tdealing wrote:...

Just wanted to ask how or who do I ask for SARs (FOI requests)? Would Experian or some other credit checking company would have that?
Another member posted a NHS link for you earlier.

Here's UKVI for example:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Find similar on other agency websites.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:55 am

tdealing wrote:Okay, I think I can get some documents together, and will apply with my mum as the main applicant. But I can show documents dating from Oct 2007- which means by Oct 2011 is only 4 years and I would be over 21 by that point. So I have to show I was dependant for another year until I was 22- need to show bank statements that mum was sending me money?

Also would I tick both boxes on the form- under 21 and over 21 or shall I just explain in more detail in covering letter?

Thanks a lot.
Yes, proof of financial transactions etc needed if over 21.

Yes, tick and complete both those sections as best you can. (Form is poorly designed and confusing).
Add cogent cover letter if it helps your case.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:17 am

noajthan wrote:
tdealing wrote:Okay, I think I can get some documents together, and will apply with my mum as the main applicant. But I can show documents dating from Oct 2007- which means by Oct 2011 is only 4 years and I would be over 21 by that point. So I have to show I was dependant for another year until I was 22- need to show bank statements that mum was sending me money?

Thanks a lot.
Yes, proof of financial transactions etc needed if over 21.

Yes, tick and complete both those sections as best you can. (Form is poorly designed and confusing).
Add cogent cover letter if it helps your case.
Cool, okay well I have a meeting with my bank to see whether I can get some old statements. Regarding the proof of bank transactions, do they have to be high so they have to cover rent and other expenses or could it be random sums?
I still had my permanent address at my mum's address so I have proof of that after I was 21.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Hopefully last question.

Do we need to send our passports with our application? My mum is keen to send her passport as she hasn't got any travel plans but I might go on holiday in April so I would like to keep my passport.

If I applied as a family member of my mum do I have to send my passport?

Or if I apply as the main applicant and put my mum down as a sponsor, do we both need to send out passport or could we do it through NCS centre? As said my mum doesn't mind sending her passport. What do you think would be the best option?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:03 pm

tdealing wrote:Hopefully last question.

Do we need to send our passports with our application? My mum is keen to send her passport as she hasn't got any travel plans but I might go on holiday in April so I would like to keep my passport.

Or if I apply as the main applicant and put my mum down as a sponsor, do we both need to send out passport or could we do it through NCS centre? As said my mum doesn't mind sending her passport. What do you think would be the best option?
Passport or EU id required.

You have to prove who you are - as per the FM guide linked above.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:11 pm

noajthan wrote:
tdealing wrote:Hopefully last question.

Passport or EU id required.

You have to prove who you are - as per the FM guide linked above.
But can I not apply through a centre where they copy your passport so you can keep your passport?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:15 pm

tdealing wrote:But can I not apply through a centre where they copy your passport so you can keep your passport?
Have you checked if you qualify to use new doc checking service?