ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirements under the New Rules

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Arif
Newly Registered

English Language requirements under the New Rules

Post by Arif » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:53 am

Hi all. I have an honours degree (LL.B) from a UK university. I also have a professional degree (Bar-at-Law) from the UK. I did my GCE O'Levels (way back in 1996) and I got a C in English Language. I also had a TOEFL score of 650 (that was done in 1998). Can I ask the people in this forum if this would allow me to qualify in the new English requirements WITHOUT having to sit for the IELTS?

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: English Language requirements under the New Rules

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:19 pm

1. First of all if you could provide a letter from your uni that at Bachelor level your course was taught in English, that would be enough.

2. Your TOEFL Score is invalid becase of time span.
3. According to new rules if you go through IELTS, you may need minimum of 6.5 band.

Hope this helps.

Arif wrote:Hi all. I have an honours degree (LL.B) from a UK university. I also have a professional degree (Bar-at-Law) from the UK. I did my GCE O'Levels (way back in 1996) and I got a C in English Language. I also had a TOEFL score of 650 (that was done in 1998). Can I ask the people in this forum if this would allow me to qualify in the new English requirements WITHOUT having to sit for the IELTS?
Thinking low is crime....

Arif
Newly Registered

Post by Arif » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:55 pm

Thanks for the replt T_Mahmood! Would the GCE score help? I can always ask the uni to provide me with a letter, but I think I read somewhere that if one has a grade of minimum C at GCSE, it should also suffice. Do you know if this is correct?