ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which form to be used.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Monserrat

which form to be used.

Post by Monserrat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:05 am

Should a mn1 form be used or form T? A friend applied on 7years about 2years ago. She got refused appealed and waiting for court date. now her son is turning 10 early this year she wants to apply for the Child's citizenship. Hopefully she can then apply flr FP parent route. She is a non EU and her son was born here but has a passport from mothers country. I always thought mn1 form should be used but she says its the T form. I have looked and I cannot understand the difference between the two forms. Can someone help clarify which form to be used please. Thank you all for your time.

vinny

Re: which form to be used.

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Form T, if child was born in the UK and has spent the first 10 years in the UK and neither parent is settled.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Monserrat

Post by Monserrat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Many thanks. Much appreciated. So the difference is the settled parents part. Is there a fee for this form? Sorry for another question. am I correct in assuming our other friend who has a son turning 10 in 4months time should also use the T form? She is on a 2.5 route to settlement. Again Many thanks for your reply.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Fees.

Yes, if child satisfies the conditions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.