ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (Spain) children born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EdinCR7
Newly Registered

EEA (Spain) children born in UK

Post by EdinCR7 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Dear all,

We are a Spanish family living in UK. My wife (Spanish) works in the UK since 1997 and my two children were born in UK in 2004 and 2006. We are thinking to apply for the British passport for our children.

We have all the P60 except two of them but we have the payslips of these two years.

I have checked the pdf https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... idance.pdfand they ask for "Evidence that at the time of the applicant’s birth, parents held: Indefinite Leave to Remain, Indefinite Leave to Enter and No Time Limit"

We have the UK passport application form from the post office. Is it the right document for my children? Do you think the P60s will be enough?

Thank you very much for your help

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EEA (Spain) children born in UK

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 pm

From my reading of postings on the topic here I understand that if one of the parents had settled status in the UK (PR/ILR) before children's birth then children are British and can go straight for passport, with evidence of settled status. Not sure whether P60s prove that.
If a parent obtained settled status after children's birth they need to be registered as British first (form MN1) and then passport can be obtained.
I defer to the experts on the board to confirm in more detail.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:17 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... idance.pdf

For children born between 2/10/2000-29/4/2006 the settled status needed to be confirmed at the time as per p.2

I think if your wife did not apply for confirmation of ILR/ a NTL stamp at the time and both children were born between those dates, they are not citizens by birth and you cannot apply for their UK passports unless you register them as citizens first.
In case the second child was born after 29/4/2006 then 5xP60s for 5 years preceding their birth will prove they are a citizen by birth and you can go ahead with their PP application.

Wait for a guru to confirm but this is my interpretation of the legislation in force at the time.

You can apply for their registration using MN1 or form T if they still live here and had minimal absences.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:40 pm

All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:24 pm

2004 child's case is quite clearcut. Register if parent was not settled as per Table.

However in what month was 2006 child born?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.