ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Already invested £65,000 in startup

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Durbzzz
United States of America

Already invested £65,000 in startup

Post by Durbzzz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:26 am

I have already invested £65,000 in my startup in the UK. The company is incorporated and this was done less than 12 months ago. Am I able to apply for a Tier 1?

noajthan

Re: Already invested £65,000 in startup

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:28 am

Durbzzz wrote:I have already invested £65,000 in my startup in the UK. The company is incorporated and this was done less than 12 months ago. Am I able to apply for a Tier 1?
Last visa held / current immigration status?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:38 am

noajthan wrote:
Durbzzz wrote:I have already invested £65,000 in my startup in the UK. The company is incorporated and this was done less than 12 months ago. Am I able to apply for a Tier 1?
Last visa held / current immigration status?
OP is a dual USA/South African citizen. Wrongly advised previously (presumably here as a visitor) and applied directly for ILR when not eligible, hence it was refused. OPs mother (a BC) is ill, he wants to care for her. If you have a look at the previous posts, lots of advice re derivative residence card and T1 already.

OP has also tried to get the recommendations needed for the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent, but was also refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:58 am

If on a visit visa (or an implied visit visa on visa waiver as a US citizen) then its unclear how its possible to start a company in UK or to transfer to a T1 visa.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 pm

noajthan wrote:If on a visit visa (or an implied visit visa on visa waiver as a US citizen) then its unclear how its possible to start a company in UK or to transfer to a T1 visa.
I cannot see any issue in starting a company here and being a director as a visitor?? You cannot be employed bybthe company and cannot reside in UK (e.g. can come once a month for a week or two and reside in hotel)

You can even hire an MD to run your business

I agree £65k may not be enought to do that seriously (but isn't thithis forum full of "entrepreneurs" who opened corner shops and hired 2 min wage workers for -exactly- a year)

OP could apply for t1-ent under £200k route.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:33 pm

seasky wrote:
noajthan wrote:If on a visit visa (or an implied visit visa on visa waiver as a US citizen) then its unclear how its possible to start a company in UK or to transfer to a T1 visa.
I cannot see any issue in starting a company here and being a director as a visitor?? You cannot be employed bybthe company and cannot reside in UK (e.g. can come once a month for a week or two and reside in hotel)

OP could apply for t1-ent under £200k route.
OP appears to have been in UK since last October time and initially for family reasons.
It could depend what the stated purpose of the visit was in the first place.
And on how much work has been involved and what type of activities have been undertaken since then.
In my experience, starting a startup involves a lot more than taking a backseat and burning through cash.