ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife’s naturalisation – Number of days outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marksha
Newly Registered

Wife’s naturalisation – Number of days outside UK

Post by marksha » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:31 am

Hi there,
Currently, I am planning to apply for my wife’s naturalisation application by end of Jan 2017 and here are the detail.

I was married and my wife joined in UK since July 2009 and we both received I.L.R in March 2012.

Apparently, both my wife and I were outside the UK, because my current employer wants me stay at their Indian office for 15months (from April 2013 to June 2014).

During those 15 months (from April 2013 to June 2014) my daughter was born in India.

After completion of my projects in India, I have returned back to same company back at their head office in UK in June 2014.

My wife did not came back to UK in June 2014 because we were applying for my daughters UK visa (I.L.R) dependent visa from India.

My wife and daughter was returned back to UK on January 2015.

My daughter received I.L.R dependent visa in November 2014 from India.

During the 2014 Christmas break I have travel back to India and we were all returned to UK in Jan 2015.

Now I am planning to apply for my wife’s naturalisation application and I am still working in the same company.

Due to 22 months (660 day’s continuous absence from UK) absence from UK, my company is happy to provide a covering letter about why she was away from UK during April 2013 to January 2015.

Apparently, my company has provided a covering letter about my 15 months absence from UK and my naturalisation application was successful

Apart from this long absence, rest of the time she was with me and my daughter also received British passport on last year (2016) summer along with myself.

Based on the above scenario does my wife has fair chances to get the approval for naturalisation?

Any of you think that I should include more documents to support my wife’s naturalisation application.

Early this week, I have spoken to home office but they are not 100% confident about my wife’s naturalisation application (only because of number of days absence and rest of the requirements are fine).

Would like to check if anyone in the same boat and your response would be appreciated

Kind Regards

noajthan

Re: Wife’s naturalisation – Number of days outside UK

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:46 am

Prolonged absence will be assessed at HO discretion within guidelines.
See guidance here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... y_2017.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.