ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony booked - Family JCAP - Kids Passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandpathak

Ceremony booked - Family JCAP - Kids Passport?

Post by anandpathak » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Hello All.
I have similar query in the same situation but related to kids British passport
We applied 2 AN and 1 MN1 application through JCAP and now received approval letter from home office for inviting for ceremony for all Three of us ( Me,my wife and my indian bork kid) . I have booked the ceremony with council for me and my wife. The Kid is not required to attend the ceremony .
Now my query is as kid is not attending the ceremony when am I expected to get his Passport .
I do understand that for Adult passport (JCAP) the printing of passport is initialted only after the Ceremony and received within a week but I am wondering what are the time lines for getting British passport after the Approval Letter for Child.
Any information will be appreciated.
Cheers
Anand

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ceremony booked - Family JCAP - Kids Passport?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:22 pm

If you applied as family, likely you will get child's registration certificate at your ceremony. Passport might be on its way already or will be later.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anandpathak

Re: Ceremony booked - Family JCAP - Kids Passport?

Post by anandpathak » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:04 pm

just an update on my kids passport.
As I was expecting my kids passport after our BC approval letter and he is not going to attend the ceremony , I was bit worried when I did not receive the passport in 10 days. Thus I contact HMPO through email .
I have received a response that , As the BC Application is linked together , the Kids passport is also linked with Parents passport , HMPO will be processing Kids+Parents passport only after the BC ceremony of Parents. The specified SLA is 21 days after Ceremony but I guess we do get the passport in 5-10 days usually.