ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 2 route Refused for application being made early

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Salim100
Newly Registered

ILR Tier 2 route Refused for application being made early

Post by Salim100 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:31 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your help in advance. I have a query regarding the recent visa refusal I had for my ILR application.

I was granted my Tier 2 on 21 /02/ 2011. Prior to that I was on PSW visa which expired on 23/01/2011.

Unfortunately I was always under the belief that my qualifying period for ILR started straight after 23/01/2011. Based on that impression, ( and also considering the provision that an application can be made 28 days before the actual qualifying period) I attended premium appointment for IlR on 20/01/2016. The application was refused as it was made few days before the due date and H/O said I did not complete the qualifying period for ILR. Then I submitted admin review which was also unsuccessful.

I have already paid £1900 premium fees plus £80 towards admin review. I have to pay again for my new application !! I appreciate that I have made an error in my judgement but I feel it is a totally disproportionate consequnce to a 'harmless human error'. Is this justifiable to charge such an enormous amount because someone has put an application in few days prior their due date. H/ O could have hold onto my application till the due date or ask me to come back at a later date or even charge some part of the fees I paid which I can understand. I think it is totally unfare to penalise people like this and I just wonder if I have any legal grounds to challenge UKVI decision of refusal.
Thanks for your great help in advance ! I would really appreciate that.

vinny

Re: ILR Tier 2 route Refused for application being made earl

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:46 pm

You qualified for ILR on Sunday, 24 January 2016. It does seem a bit disproportionate. A kinder caseworker could have deferred making the decision for a few more days.

Make a new application now and perhaps complain after your ILR is granted.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Salim100
Newly Registered

Post by Salim100 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:35 pm

Hello Vinny, Thank you very much for your prompt response. I will make another application and put a complaint after. IThank you.

nshilu
Newly Registered

Post by nshilu » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:39 am

I did the same mistake
They have returned my passport and brp and said if you will
Not apply for admin review the. You will get your docs
Back after 14days!

@salim what happened to you eventually hope you got ilr
At your second attempt

nshilu
Newly Registered

Post by nshilu » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Salim100 wrote:Hello Vinny, Thank you very much for your prompt response. I will make another application and put a complaint after. IThank you.
Hi Salim100, Could you please help me , How did you resolve the ILR refused application. Did they send you your documents after 14 days! Please advise.

Best Regards,