ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa and Residence Card

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

macduy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa and Residence Card

Post by macduy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi all,

I'm asking on behalf of my wife - I'm Czech (EU) and my wife is Ukranian (Non-EU). We both live in UK and she holds a Tier 2 Visa, for over 3 years. She wants to apply for Permanent Residence on basis of having held Tier 2 Visa for 5 years.

I have PR and want her to apply for a UK Residence card (https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... d/overview), for which she is eligible as a spouse of an EU citizen with PR in UK. However, would she need to give up her Tier 2 Visa and thus block her from getting PR on previously mentioned basis?

Any advice and personal experiences would really help us!

Thank you

Hai

noajthan

Re: Tier 2 Visa and Residence Card

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:28 pm

macduy wrote:Hi all,

I'm asking on behalf of my wife - I'm Czech (EU) and my wife is Ukranian (Non-EU). We both live in UK and she holds a Tier 2 Visa, for over 3 years. She wants to apply for Permanent Residence on basis of having held Tier 2 Visa for 5 years.

I have PR and want her to apply for a UK Residence card (https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... d/overview), for which she is eligible as a spouse of an EU citizen with PR in UK. However, would she need to give up her Tier 2 Visa and thus block her from getting PR on previously mentioned basis?

Any advice and personal experiences would really help us!

Thank you

Hai
There is no connection between the two paths.

Wife cannot apply for confirmation of PR on basis of T2 visa. That UK domestic path leads to ILR.

When did wife arrive in UK?
How long married to you as her Union citizen sponsor?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.