ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received a Weird Letter from Home Office

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sharingbuzz

Received a Weird Letter from Home Office

Post by sharingbuzz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:30 am

Hi,

I recently received a below letter from home office.

Has anybody seen this letter before and any idea why they sending this letter.

I have sent them treaty right documents e.g. payslips for my wife to home office but i didn't send my passport and explained them that i need to travel and also sent them my ticket as a evidence.

I am waiting for their reply but there is no reply yet...Sent everything about 3 weeks ago.

Please advise.

thanks

noajthan

Re: Received a Weird Letter from Home Office

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:42 am

Address and phone number appear valid.

It appears caseworker wants reassurance and confirmation of sponsor continuing to exercise treaty rights as well as details of identity/nationality.
Do you know of any reason they would doubt this?
Have you previously experienced difficulties or particular enquiries into your case?

Is the letter correct, did you receive your RC in November 2014?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sharingbuzz

Post by sharingbuzz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:03 am

Yeah first time i applied in 2012 and they rejected then i applied again for RC rejected again then went for appeal won the appeal, home office took my case to upper tribunal but i won the case and finally i got RC in nov. 2014.

Then i went to my home country came back they stopped me at Heathrow airport and suspended my RC and detained me for 12 hours at airport and had a long interview after interview they gave me a temporary leave to remain and retained my passport and advised me to come back with my wife and all proofs thats she is excercising treaty rights..i went back to airport on the date thry called me...they detained me again eith my wife seperate seperate...and took our interview for 5 hours or so.
After that they were satisfied and they gave me my passport back. After that travel i travel several times but had no prob.

And now they sent me this letter again. I have been married for 5 years now.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:12 am

sharingbuzz wrote:Yeah first time i applied in 2012 and they rejected then i applied again for RC rejected again then went for appeal won the appeal, home office took my case to upper tribunal but i won the case and finally i got RC in nov. 2014.

Then i went to my home country came back they stopped me at Heathrow airport and suspended my RC and detained me for 12 hours at airport and had a long interview after interview they gave me a temporary leave to remain and retained my passport and advised me to come back with my wife and all proofs thats she is excercising treaty rights..i went back to airport on the date thry called me...they detained me again eith my wife seperate seperate...and took our interview for 5 hours or so.
After that they were satisfied and they gave me my passport back. After that travel i travel several times but had no prob.

And now they sent me this letter again. I have been married for 5 years now.
It appears the post-decision casework unit is interested to reconfirm your status.
After all a RC is not a visa and people's circumstances may change over time.
Due to the long running interest in your case the chances are you may be asked again for passport.

sharingbuzz

Post by sharingbuzz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:20 am

Hmm.

Yeah but I didn't send my passport as I explained that my travel
Is already scheduled, i sent my passport and rc attested copy though along with my air ticket as a proof.

Have you seen this kind of letter before. ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:23 am

sharingbuzz wrote:Hmm.

Yeah but I didn't send my passport as I explained that my travel
Is already scheduled, i sent my passport and rc attested copy though along with my air ticket as a proof.

Have you seen this kind of letter before. ?
I haven't seen one but members have previously reported receiving such letters from same unit.

sharingbuzz

Post by sharingbuzz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Well thanks bro for your reply.