ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application fee refunded

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apcara
Newly Registered

Application fee refunded

Post by apcara » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:46 am

Hi everyone
Today I received letter from home office enclosed a cheque of£65 stating from the information provided it appears that a refund is appropriate.

I never requested any refund, basically I had a pending eea efm application but after merriage I sent another application for eea direct family member with new documents and proofs.

I am wondering is that money is sent regarding my previous application but they didn't mention any details and reference number and I didn't receive any documents back. First application was sent on 9th of July 2016 and second application was sent on 18th of November. I received biometrics and coa for both of the applications.

I am worried whether my application is still in process.
I request gurus to comment on my situation and is it normal or something to worry.
Thanking you in anticipation.

noajthan

Re: Application fee refunded

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:03 pm

apcara wrote:Hi everyone
Today I received letter from home office enclosed a cheque of£65 stating from the information provided it appears that a refund is appropriate.

I never requested any refund, basically I had a pending eea efm application but after merriage I sent another application for eea direct family member with new documents and proofs.

I am worried whether my application is still in process.
I request gurus to comment on my situation and is it normal or something to worry.
Thanking you in anticipation.
You seem to have applied twice and paid twice.

If you had been refunded due to some failing in an application you would have had an admin fee of £25 deducted.

As you got a full refund you have evidently had one application cancelled.
(Payments unit is probably separate from any 'documents handling unit' and separate again from caseworkers).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

apcara
Newly Registered

Post by apcara » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:25 pm

Thanks for your reply it cleared my confusion. One more question whether this cancellation will effect timeline of my current application or it gona be normal.
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:29 pm

apcara wrote:Thanks for your reply it cleared my confusion. One more question whether this cancellation will effect timeline of my current application or it gona be normal.
Thanks
I don't know.
No reason to think it will be handled differently or in any special way, (either quicker or slower).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.