ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need full 5 years council tax receipt for ILR appli?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gp1512
Newly Registered

Do I need full 5 years council tax receipt for ILR appli?

Post by gp1512 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi,
First of all I found this platform really very useful and I appreciate in advance for all your advises.
I am in a Tier-2 (General) visa for 4 years now continuously. My visa runs for another 1.5 years. So overall after a year from now, I will be qualified to apply for the ILR. All my documents are in good shape EXCEPT one and that is council tax return. First two years of my UK stay, I was living in a student house and did not pay any council tax. Basically one student rented the whole house and subletting me and others. He was submitting the council tax return and not paid anything saying its a student house.
Now my questions are - (i) Will it be a decisive blow to my prospective ILR application ?
(ii) What are the corrective measures I need to take ?
(iii) I moved out of the property 2 years back and since then I am paying council tax regularly.

Thanks in anticipation !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I need full 5 years council tax receipt for ILR appli

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:19 pm

It is not mandatory to submit proof of council tax for ILR. A lot of people live in properties that are 'bills included'.

However, what your friend did is illegal/fraudulent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ThisisA
United Kingdom

Re: Do I need full 5 years council tax receipt for ILR appli

Post by ThisisA » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:06 pm

"Bills Included" is fine right? Been living in a similar property since last 5 years now.