ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of right to work for non EU spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MARSWATCH
Newly Registered

Proof of right to work for non EU spouse

Post by MARSWATCH » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Hello,

I am in the UK with my Chinese wife and we will apply for our residence card soon under Surinder Singh rules after working in Italy for one year .
My wife currently has an EEA family member permit for 6 months, how can we get proof that she can work during this period? Which government department can give us this? She has already applied and got her NI number.

Regards

Steve

secret.simon

Re: Proof of right to work for non EU spouse

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Apply for a Residence Card.

As the spouse of an EEA citizen (you under the SS route), she should be immediately issued a CoA (Certificate of Application) certifying the right to work.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

MrSlyFox

Re: Proof of right to work for non EU spouse

Post by MrSlyFox » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Your EEA family permit is proof of right to work while it is valid: page 20
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nts_v5.pdf

Then you should apply for a residence card they will issue you a COA (Certificate of Application), which gives the right to work while they process your application for a residence card.