ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LoveMyBaby786

British Citizenship - Spouse

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:29 am

Hello, hope you're all well :)

Background:

Husband came to the UK on a spouse visa on 04/03/2014 via the 2 year spouse visa route (not 5 year)

Granted ILR on 06/02/2016

This coming March he will have been in the UK for 3 years. So going by what I have read online we can apply for British Citizenship for him this year?

If yes, do we have to apply after 04/03/2017 making it exactly 3 years or can we apply a month or so in advance as we did for ILR?

What form should we use to apply? I have downloaded form AN, is this the correct form?

Will need help with a few more things but for now could someone kindly please help with the above questions I have.

Thank you!

vinny

Re: British Citizenship - Spouse

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:39 am

Yes, if you are British and he satisfies all the requirements.
Apply after 04/03/2017, as he has to be present in the UK at the start of his 3-year qualifying period, when they receive his application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.