ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income Tax Return not covering full period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Arif
Newly Registered

Income Tax Return not covering full period

Post by Arif » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:41 am

Hi all, I intend to apply for HSMP in Sept 2008. The tax year in my country runs from June. For E.g My last income tax return has covered the income tax for the year ended 30th June 2007. My current tax will be paid for the year ended 30th June 2008. But my application will be made in September. So for these three months, do I have to submit Bank Statements for July, August and September? Or do I have to give Bank Statements for July 2007-September 2008? FYI, I will submit

1. original Income tax receipt for 12 months starting from July 2007-June 30th 2008

2. Wage slips from employer (signed and sealed) from July 2007-September 2008.

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: Income Tax Return not covering full period

Post by hari15 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:36 am

Arif wrote:Hi all, I intend to apply for HSMP in Sept 2008. The tax year in my country runs from June. For E.g My last income tax return has covered the income tax for the year ended 30th June 2007. My current tax will be paid for the year ended 30th June 2008. But my application will be made in September. So for these three months, do I have to submit Bank Statements for July, August and September? Or do I have to give Bank Statements for July 2007-September 2008? FYI, I will submit

1. original Income tax receipt for 12 months starting from July 2007-June 30th 2008

2. Wage slips from employer (signed and sealed) from July 2007-September 2008.
If your income tax return covers the full period of claim then income tax return and wage slips are enough no need for bank statement.

But if your wageslip doesnt contains full contact details of your employer, try to provide letter from employer in addition. Because HO requires employer contact details

some times giving documents more than necessary may cause some problem. Just give the required minimum documents which will give the caseworker all necessary details and as per requirement of rules

Arif
Newly Registered

Post by Arif » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:25 am

Thanks for the reply Hari. But in my given scenario, does the ITR cover the full period of claim?

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:28 am

Hi Arif

If you apply with the wages slip from July 07 to June 08 (claiming period) + tax returns of full one year of the period claimed, there is no need of bank statments. But to be on safe side and if possible, submitt bank statments and employer letter as well.
Hope this helps.
Thinking low is crime....

Arif
Newly Registered

Post by Arif » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:13 pm

T_mahmood wrote:Hi Arif

If you apply with the wages slip from July 07 to June 08 (claiming period) + tax returns of full one year of the period claimed, there is no need of bank statments. But to be on safe side and if possible, submitt bank statments and employer letter as well.
Hope this helps.
T_, sorry to bother you, but I'm getting slightly confused with the "claim period"..as I stated in my post I wish to apply in September 2008. Now, for evidence of my past earnings, I will have :
1. Wage slips for July 2007- Aug 2008 (its printed in company letterhead and signed and sealed by the Company)

2. Income tax returns.

For the Income Tax returms, I will have to submit my returns on 30th June 2008 for the tax period of July 2007-June 2008. It comes to 12 months. Will this suffice for the "claimed period"? Even if I am applying in Setpember? If so, then how do I account for the months of July and August, 2008? Should I give my Bank statements for these two months? In addition, I can also arrange a letter from my employer.

I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks, Arif

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:28 pm

Arif wrote:1. Wage slips for July 2007- Aug 2008 (its printed in company letterhead and signed and sealed by the Company)
July 2007 - August 2008 (months inclusive) is 14 months; your claimed earnings period should be a single continuous period of 12 months, e.g. Sept07-Aug08, or Aug07-July08.

If your tax return period doesn't correspond to your claimed earnings period of (say) Sept07 - Aug08, you should submit the payslips issued in that period and the corresponding bank statements for the entire 12 month period and/or an employer's letter confirming gross earnings for that same 12-month period. Bank statements or an employer's letter only making reference to the period not covered by the tax return, will not suffice, as neither will, on its own, corroborate the earnings for the entire claimed earnings period.

AG

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:28 pm

You have to sumit only 12 months wages slip...say from July 07 to June 08. The wages slip would be fine if these are on company letter head, sealed and signed.

In addition you have to submit, full one year tax return. As in Pakistan the financial years from July to June. So you have to submit full one year July 2007 to June 2008 tax returns.

If your claiming period ..say August 07 to July 08, then you are one month short for income tax return. Here you should claim exceptional circusmtances and give the reason that claming period does not cover full financial year. In this scenario you have to provide, letter from Employer with full salary details (month wise) and Bankstatements.
Hope this makes sense.

Arif wrote:
T_mahmood wrote:Hi Arif

Hope this helps.
T_, sorry to bother you, but I'm getting slightly confused with the "claim period"..as I stated in my post I wish to apply in September 2008. Now, for evidence of my past earnings, I will have :
1. Wage slips for July 2007- Aug 2008 (its printed in company letterhead and signed and sealed by the Company)

2. Income tax returns.

For the Income Tax returms, I will have to submit my returns on 30th June 2008 for the tax period of July 2007-June 2008. It comes to 12 months. Will this suffice for the "claimed period"? Even if I am applying in Setpember? If so, then how do I account for the months of July and August, 2008? Should I give my Bank statements for these two months? In addition, I can also arrange a letter from my employer.

I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks, Arif
Thinking low is crime....

Arif
Newly Registered

Post by Arif » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Thank you both Gordon and T_Mahmood for clearing my confusion. I think that to keep things simple, I'll claim for 12 months starting from 1 July 2007- 30 June 2008 since this fits perfectly within my income tax period. If I apply on 1st Sept 2008, it'll still be within the 15 months prior to the application.