ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to correct mistake in AN form after submission

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ee01es
Newly Registered

How to correct mistake in AN form after submission

Post by ee01es » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Dear Members,

I have the following query if you could assist please;
I have made an application through the Joint nationality and passport service - London Borough of Chelsea on 10 January 2017. Received request to enrol for bio-metric on the 15th January 2017.

I have just found out of a mistake in the employment history in section 1.50 –page 10

With one of the employer, the leaving date = "To"
The year is incorrect, instead of 2015, I wrote 2014.

Do I need to notify the Home Office as soon as possible?
I heard, employment history do not matter to my application as I am going under a spouse of a British Citizen (3 year residence category in the United Kingdom) ad have submitted my passport with the application for them to verify my residence period.

Thank you very much.

noajthan

Re: How to correct mistake in AN form after submission

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:03 pm

You won't be granted citizenship just because of 3 years residence with British spouse. All criteria have to be met.

Employment history is used as part of good character checks which apply to all adult applicants.
But an honest typo is not the end of the world.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ee01es
Newly Registered

Re: How to correct mistake in AN form after submission

Post by ee01es » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Update:
Soon after sending the application, I have written a letter to the Home Office stating the error in the application and included the P45. All were accepted without any issues.
Got the British Citizenship within 3 months of the application.
Thank you