ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR EEA citizen broken residency?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raff113
Poland

PR EEA citizen broken residency?

Post by Raff113 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi all hope you are well.
I am asking on behalf of my mate who wants to apply for PR. He is EEA, residing in the uk since 2007,WRS done on time, never without the job. Back in 2012 though his contract did require him to work abroad (Italy) for about 8 months. He still was employed by UK company paid taxes here etc. He is worried that his residency might have been broken because of that? Many thanks for your help!

noajthan

Re: PR EEA citizen broken residency?

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Raff113 wrote:Hi all hope you are well.
I am asking on behalf of my mate who wants to apply for PR. He is EEA, residing in the uk since 2007,WRS done on time, never without the job. Back in 2012 though his contract did require him to work abroad (Italy) for about 8 months. He still was employed by UK company paid taxes here etc. He is worried that his residency might have been broken because of that? Many thanks for your help!
Should be fine.

If friend had not already acquired PR by 2012 (before he travelled) then rock-solid evidence of the one-off exceptional reason for absence will be required.
As per our friend, Regulation 5:
http://www.eearegulations.co.uk/Latest/ByPage/part1_3

If he had acquired PR by then then a mere 8 month absence will not have terminated his PR status.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Raff113
Poland

Re: PR EEA citizen broken residency?

Post by Raff113 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:44 pm

noajthan wrote:
Raff113 wrote:Hi all hope you are well.
Should be fine.

If friend had not already acquired PR by 2012 (before he travelled) then rock-solid evidence of the one-off exceptional reason for absence will be required.
As per our friend, Regulation 5:
http://www.eearegulations.co.uk/Latest/ByPage/part1_3

If he had acquired PR by then then a mere 8 month absence will not have terminated his PR status.
Thanks noajthan!