ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Date validity for HSMP Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baba1
Newly Registered

Passport Date validity for HSMP Extension

Post by baba1 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:47 pm

I have to apply for HSMP extension in the month of July but my current passport date validity is only upto dec. 2005. Is there any specific requirement that your passport should be valid for another 3 years as HSMP extension is for 3 years?

Regards,

Baba1

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:50 pm

You can apply for a new passport and your embessy should be able to provide you with the service. Normally they would renew your passport within 1 year of the expiry of the old. Thereafter you could attach both your passports in the FLR application.

Otake

Post by Otake » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:17 am

I have same problem. My embassy doesn't extend my passport if there isn't six months space to the passport expire date and I will have one year space when application times come!!

Do you think they give me 3 years visa even I have one year to passport expire date??

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:59 pm

No. Visas cannot exceed the validity of your passport, so the EC will expire on the day your passport expires.

Otake

Post by Otake » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:30 pm

I couldn't understand.

You mean they stamp 3 years hsmp extension visa while my passport expires in one year?

Or you mean they wouldn't stamp three year visa while I have one year to passport expire date?

In the first case, I can extend my passport when time comes and this mean there will be no problem.

This is very important for me, I don't want they stamp visa less then three year. (If they do)

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:49 am

I mean that if your passport expires on let's say 10/10/06, they will be able to give you a visa only until 10/10/06. A while ago I have been told by a consular officer that no visa can exceed validity of the "carrier" document, that is the passport, because a visa is worthless without a passport. I realise that is a problem (my wife has the same issue and will have to return to our home country, get a new passport and apply for EC at the embassy to return) but that's how the rules are. You may want to call the Home Office to double-check though.

Otake

Post by Otake » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:10 am

Ok, thank you very much.

So, I have to find a way to extend my passport before applying the HSMP extension :(

If I can't, I have to re-apply again and this will be so much pain!

Also there is special and very bad condition for me:
My embassy extends my passport until work permit expire date, Because I haven't done my military obligation yet in my home country :(