ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR - 2 years absence from the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

affllama
Newly Registered

EEA PR - 2 years absence from the UK

Post by affllama » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Hello everyone

Could someone please clarify what it is meant by the maximum two years' absence from the UK after having received PR? Is it mere physical absence (so that it would be enough to come back to the UK every now and then for some short periods)?

Thanks a lot for any response

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EEA PR - 2 years absence from the UK

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:52 pm

Short visits back to the UK won't enable you to retain PR if you are living outside of the UK for 2 years.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

affllama
Newly Registered

Post by affllama » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:05 pm

Thank you.

So, I assume it would be a longer time and perhaps a specific context (a job or else).

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:12 am

affllama wrote:Thank you.

So, I assume it would be a longer time and perhaps a specific context (a job or else).
I'm unsure what you mean by this :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:26 am

Over 2 years continuous absence terminates PR status.
The difficulty arises on a brief return to UK of proving one's presence in country (passport not stamped).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

affllama
Newly Registered

Post by affllama » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:06 pm

What would happen if for instance one is abroad within the 2-years but works on a continuative basis for a UK-based company (hence coming back to the UK every now and then for meetings etc.)?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:08 pm

No concession, assuming you won't have maintained a home here. You will no longer be residing in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)

affllama
Newly Registered

Post by affllama » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Thanks a lot for the info